• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

moving to san diego

sup man. im just accrosed the freeways from you at camp pendleton.
who you with at mirmar?

we can take care of ya down here.

since your in so cal and youve gone through lotsa jeeps ill assume youve beat on a few...... buy a disposable jeep, build it, and run jv until it explodes. then build another one and do it again.
spend that dislocation allowance admins gonna give you and buy those lockers, some alloys and some ctms and lets roll.

San Diego is kickass, that is if you like traffic,expensive everything,bros,bro hoes, trucks lifted 20 inchs in the front and stock in the back and illegal imigrants

Andy Steiner said:
No. Every third hottie is a slut, unless she won't put out for you, then she's a bitch.

That sounds like the rules of Tom Leykis right there! :D

ahhh how things have changed - within the last few years regulations on getting base decals has been altered... in order to get base decals, you have to pass the Cali smog test... even if you're registered in a different state. period. i fought it and lost. actually ended up getting cali tags and license but as a non-resident of california... so i'm still a North Carolina resident but have cali tags and license (and it's CHEAPER!!)

basically, i hope your decals don't expire any time soon, i would renew them prior to your transfer just so you don't have to deal with the BS for another 3 years if you're seriously concerened with your emissions legality.

i live in mira mesa (5 min from MCAS Miramar) - 3 br house with pool - 1 car garage - $1800/month... and unless you own/rent a house, don't plan on working on your jeeps around here... but you're more than welcome to come over here any time to turn a wrench - as long as you don't mind sailors, or the huge 83 SJ in the driveway (lol there's still room to work :) )

-Stephen

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
sup man. im just accrosed the freeways from you at camp pendleton.
who you with at mirmar?

we can take care of ya down here.

since your in so cal and youve gone through lotsa jeeps ill assume youve beat on a few...... buy a disposable jeep, build it, and run jv until it explodes. then build another one and do it again.
spend that dislocation allowance admins gonna give you and buy those lockers, some alloys and some ctms and lets roll.

ya ya i know what it is to wheel the carp out of something. got to make this one last though. it was supposed to be the family car. my fault for buying a jeep that i was "not going to lift" riiight. thats not going to happen.

i will be with 361. flying tigers. hear the co is kickass.

mmmMUD96xj said:
ahhh how things have changed - within the last few years regulations on getting base decals has been altered... in order to get base decals, you have to pass the Cali smog test... even if you're registered in a different state. period. i fought it and lost. actually ended up getting cali tags and license but as a non-resident of california... so i'm still a North Carolina resident but have cali tags and license (and it's CHEAPER!!)

basically, i hope your decals don't expire any time soon, i would renew them prior to your transfer just so you don't have to deal with the BS for another 3 years if you're seriously concerened with your emissions legality.

i live in mira mesa (5 min from MCAS Miramar) - 3 br house with pool - 1 car garage - $1800/month... and unless you own/rent a house, don't plan on working on your jeeps around here... but you're more than welcome to come over here any time to turn a wrench - as long as you don't mind sailors, or the huge 83 SJ in the driveway (lol there's still room to work :) )

-Stephen

not worried about passing smog. just wondering about the lift laws.
yeah my base tag is brand new. i might have to check out mira mesa. sounds like a nice place. well all i care about is the garage. the women will love the pool.

how is the area for jobs. the little ladie is going to need one.

mira mesa has a really good job market for basic entry level jobs - in that there is an abundance of stores and restaurants of all types shapes and sizes... one of the reasons i love mira mesa... also it's heavy with a filipino population, to the point that it's been dubbed Manila Mesa... but i'm cool with that, and hey - it's san diego... there is no majority/minority bullcrap to deal with due to all of the different nationalities that have a strong presence in the city... everything you could possibly need is here in Mira Mesa, so deal with the hustle and bustle of one main drag - or deal with the imposing presence of an overpopulated city - i made my choice! lol
Mira Mesa is a good place to call home in San Diego!

if you have any more ?'s feel free to pm me!

-Stephen

as far as jobs go in so cal I suggest in n out...

seriously.

its not just some fastfood job, my sister in law makes a mere $75k a year and my wifes on here way to the $35k a year management position after being there for only 3 years.

makes me wish I had just went to work there instead of the corps, woulda been making the sweet cash by now.

they start at $12 an hour and you get raises all the time.

just something to think about .

not to bad mouth the fast food workers but i have done my time in the line of work and will not do it again. and if she started bring me home fast food all the time i would get really fat. i like to eat.

i am going to look in to the mira mesa. sounds likea nice place. looking more for a mid sized apartment. but if i can get away with a small house that has a garage. oh i am down.

I am the post Commander of the VFW post in Temecula, about 45 min. drive north of miramar. I would like to invite you and your family to our post, I would be proud to buy you a round to celebrate coming to socal. Welcome! Hoorah!!

glad to hear you are moving to the area. I am on Camp Pendleton. I know there are some others up here that like to wheel. We should get together sometime. Welcome aboard my friend.NAXJA

Back