• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving Front Axle Forward

Those are actually designed to bend. If they didn't they would snap off the brackets. At least that is what I have been told. That is why he told me to use adjustable so they flex instead of putting all the force on the brackets. He builds Baja Racers in Las Vegas. I have horseshoed some LCA's already rock crawling.

I was just looking at picking up some that are sold as being the right length for my amount of lift. I don't want to move it way forward in the wheelwell, I just want to re-center it, or maybe slightly forward then center at worst. Just sick of it hitting the back of the wheelwell at full turn and slight flex. Plus I would rather trim the bumper endcap (its a 98) than way back into the rear of the fender.

boise49ers said:
Those are actually designed to bend. If they didn't they would snap off the brackets. At least that is what I have been told. That is why he told me to use adjustable so they flex instead of putting all the force on the brackets. He builds Baja Racers in Las Vegas. I have horseshoed some LCA's already rock crawling.

The rubber bushings are what is supposed to handle the torsion placed on the arm while flexing, however the stock arm probably does too.

Ideally, you should run a JJ or RE superflex joint or heim at least on one end to account for the "twist" of the arm while flexing to reduce stress on the mounts and rubber bushings.

Will non adjustable arms (assuming they are the correct length) give me problems when it comes time to re-align the front?

Dirk Pitt said:
The rubber bushings are what is supposed to handle the torsion placed on the arm while flexing, however the stock arm probably does too.

Ideally, you should run a JJ or RE superflex joint or heim at least on one end to account for the "twist" of the arm while flexing to reduce stress on the mounts and rubber bushings.
I think the ones he is sending me are Teraflex lowers. How much are the JJ uppers ?
RE wants to much for the same product everyone else sells for cheaper.
Cya !
Thanks

GirlScout1 said:
FYI have you considered long arms? When you price adjustable uppers ($180 ish), lowers($200ish), and drop brackets($350ish) you are around what it would cost for long arms. Even more expensive than some. Also if you paln on going bigger then why not do it now? You can get a long arm set up from $400-$900, just depends on what you like.

You can do just adjustable arms but your ride quality will suck with the geometry wrong. I was sitting at about the same lift with adjustable uppers and lowers and it was still a harsh ride. I would really consider long arms for the moeny and time it takes to do the other version. That's my two pennies.

-b

where can i get a long arm set up for $400 the cheapest ive seen is the set up from rustys and its like $790 i think

little red cheroke said:
where can i get a long arm set up for $400 the cheapest ive seen is the set up from rustys and its like $790 i think

Check the vendor forum for Rock Krawler products.

Back