• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

moving alt to ac mount

Thanks for the bump.
I finally took my 92 4.0 XJ on it's first outing and came back with an overheating and charging problem. I found this thread in addition to a lot of other alternator relocation threads.

I removed the AC crap, as it didn't work anyway, hoping to move the alt there. The AC pump has 4 bolts that go straight down so I can't do what others have done in this thread.

Is there any way for me to move my alt up top?

Thanks for the bump.
I finally took my 92 4.0 XJ on it's first outing and came back with an overheating and charging problem. I found this thread in addition to a lot of other alternator relocation threads.

I removed the AC crap, as it didn't work anyway, hoping to move the alt there. The AC pump has 4 bolts that go straight down so I can't do what others have done in this thread.

Is there any way for me to move my alt up top?

Yes, but this thread is of no use to you, it is for the earlier Renix XJs.

Search, there are other alternator relocation threads for the 91+ XJs.

Good luck.

yup, this thread is for the renix guys. on the H.O. you could do what i did, and make two moderate brackets. same belt, same routing.

might as well stuff a high amp alternator in at the same time, shown is a durango alt.

yup, this thread is for the renix guys. on the H.O. you could do what i did, and make two moderate brackets. same belt, same routing.

might as well stuff a high amp alternator in at the same time, shown is a durango alt.

Nice job! Was that the final routing on the belt? Great wrap on the alternator pulley!

I've heard about being able to use the Renix bracket on a H.O. engine...does this rumor hold water?

Back