• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motorama Feb 19-20th @ Harrisburg Expo Center

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
Hey gents,
Motorama is happening again at the Harrisburg Farm Show/Expo Center. Last year, Rausch Creek has a large display area where they are allowing us wheelers to pull our Jeeps in for the show. Basically, you need to have your Jeep there by 7pm Friday (the 18th) evening to get it into the show. Once it is in, it stays until Sunday afternoon.

I drove my MJ up last year and put it in the show, then my wife came up later on Friday and picked me up. We stayed at a local motel and made a weekend out of it. We spent Saturday at the show and had fun walking around the show. They have remote control car rock crawling competitions (I took my RC crawler with me and had fun playing on this before/after the comps), racing and gas remote control car racing as well. A "cart" racing arena (the little go-cart type of carts with Briggs and Stratton engines running alcohol), a motorcross racing arena, and vendor stands where you can buy everything from roll bar padding to a scorpion key chain. They also have a LARGE car show in one arena too. If you have never been to the Hbg Farm Show/Expo Center grounds, just imagine acres and acres of warehouses strung together, with a few stadium-type arenas thrown in too. It is MASSIVE, and all indoors!!!

If you put your Jeep in the show, you get two free passes to the show and you can come and go as you please for the weekend!! There is PLENTY of truck/trailer parking too, so no worries there.

I was THE ONLY Jeep XJ/MJ vehicle in the show last year, so we REALLY need more representation!! If we have at least two of us, and get there at the same time, we can put our smaller NAXJA banner up too. Check out this post on Rausch Creeks forum for more details, and if you want to put your Jeep in the show, PM Bruce your info on Rausch Creeks site.
http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,12526.0.html

I know its not wheeling, but this is still a great time!! It gives us a chance to show our support for Rausch and get some exposure for NAXJA as well.

A.

damn sounds cool man, I dont know if I want to give the jeep up for 3days though, sounds like you need to drive 2 cars.

Is it worth a 2 hour drive? err is the show big enough to stay the whole weekend?

Is it worth a 2 hour drive? err is the show big enough to stay the whole weekend?

You can cover the whole show in a day. If you like to watch motocross racing/RC car racing and other types of motorized racing (they even had a "Battle Bots" arena set up too, my wife and I sat and watched that for a while) you can really kill lots of time watching some interesting racing/activities. The Battle Bots was cool, there is nothing like watching 2 robot vehicles rip each other apart.

damn sounds cool man, I dont know if I want to give the jeep up for 3days though, sounds like you need to drive 2 cars.

Its all free access to the show though, you just have to know someone with a car there to haul your butt around, and you need to be able to pay for a hotel (they won't let you sleep in your Jeep).

BTT... this is next weekend if anyone else can make it. We had a pretty lousy turnout of unibodies last year, I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one again...

Figures.... I have been traveling all week, and this afternoon I went out to check the MJ to get it rady to go to Motorama... and there is a huge puddle of anti-freeze under it. Water pump was wiped out. Now (as in RIGHT now) I am doing a water pump so I can drive it up for the show...:smsoap::rattle:

Back