• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor and Transmissions, and other hoopla

Majo

NAXJA Forum User
I have all the following items for sale. They are all located in Watertown, NY but can be moved to Potsdam, NY if it provides a more convient place for you to drive to pick them up.

Transmissions

$70-NP435 recently rebuilt with new bearings. Divorced 2wd version.
$75 takes a complete 4wd NP435 and a 2wheel drive NP435 for parts or if you want to swap it over to a 2wd case.
$100 - Ford NP205 adapted to the NP435 listed above. If you want the 205 and the 435 I'll sell the combo at 125 firm.
$100 - AX15 out of an 89 YJ. Shifted fine and recently pulled for an auto swap. Bellhousing has the spot machine for a CPS. Internal slave, and 23 spline output.

Motor

$100 - 4.2L out of an 89 YJ, this 4.2L is the widedeck version and thusly a 4.0 HO head can be bolted onto it. Ran very strong (turned some 35's with 3.31 gearing). It has an oil pan skid on the oil pan too. Think STROKER project. No reasonable offers refused. I will include a 4.0 HO head and renix and HO intake and exhaust manifolds and any other 6cyclinder stuff I have.

Axle

Dana 44 out of an 88 Jeep Cherokee. 3.55 gearing, brakes completely rebuilt 1 year ago(new wheel cyclinders etc..) It is currently under my rig right now. If you want to come up and swap it out over a weekend and put it under yours I'd be willing to let it go for $150 firm. I will include the shorter driveshaft and a YJ yoke for the output of the NP231. This means you'll give me your rear axle (dana 35 or chryco 8.25) with the same gear ratio 3.55

Aftermarket Clutch fan for 4.2L, will work with 4.0's. make an offer.

I have to get a qoute to ship that ax15 via freight, I can't imagine it'd cost more than 150 total to ship it, I'll find out asap for you though.

ttt

got a possible on the axle hold on a couple more days till i find out what this guy is doing

I'll try to get that qoute for the ax15 shipping tomorrow no gaurantee, I been having problems with police this week about wrecklesss driving with a 2.5L 88 s10....i'm like give me a break it's not capable. so tomorrow is final run to police station, 3rd time is the charm.

ok the 44 is still up for grabs. First come first serve.

AX15 has been sold locally.

I am looking for a TF727 out of a jeep grand waggy. If you have one I will trade for it, PM me.

Last edited:
if you still have that 4.2 and 4.0 H.O. head and w/e else you said u had with the engine I will buy it from you... I live in Texas... if you could let me know some shiping prices or w/e that would be awesome I also need to know if the trani in my 86 xj 2.5l w/ the 5spd will bolt up to the 4.2 or 4.0 engine if it doesnt i will buy the trani as well if you still have it. like i said befor leme know some shiping prices and what not and you will probally have a deal.
[email protected] <-------thats the e-mail my name is Trent by the way.

19Pioneer86 said:
if you still have that 4.2 and 4.0 H.O. head and w/e else you said u had with the engine I will buy it from you... I live in Texas... if you could let me know some shiping prices or w/e that would be awesome I also need to know if the trani in my 86 xj 2.5l w/ the 5spd will bolt up to the 4.2 or 4.0 engine if it doesnt i will buy the trani as well if you still have it. like i said befor leme know some shiping prices and what not and you will probally have a deal.
[email protected] <-------thats the e-mail my name is Trent by the way.

IMHO, look around texas I'm sure you can find a 4.0 and a ax15 or other combo down there shipping would be alot on the motor and tranny. the motor weighs an easy 600. Shipping really wouldn't make the deal worth it at all

John B said:
Would you be willing to drive down towards the PA state line with the NP 435 and 205 in say 2-3 weeks?

I wouldn't be able to for prob 3/4 weeks as I'm at college right now and would have to wait till I get a long weekend or such. PM me to let me know if you still be interested.

Back