• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Monkey Grip Lunchbox Lockers?

You would not have to re setup the gears. Just pull the carrier assembly as a whole. Re install as a whole. You dont need to pull bearings or anything.

He would have to reset the backlash due to the side adjuster design. The pinion won't need to be removed so there's no work needed there, but otherwise yes it should be easy whether he replaces the carrier or has his bored for the larger diameter shafts. Just be sure to measure your backlash before taking the carrier out, and readjust back to that measurement afterward.

My vote is go the extra mile and swap to the larger shafts. The PO of my current beater spend all the money on a full case Detroit, but didn't pop the extra coin for a set of junkyard 29 spline shafts for an easy upgrade. Beats all I've ever seen :dunce:

Checked out the link, this is a Lock Right design, not sure if it's a knock off or a private label deal.

Like all things, you get what you pay for. Lower grade alloys, while less expensive, also can equate to shorter life of the locker.

Thanks for sharing that info, Its allways nice to have insiders on the forums!

LOOKS similar in design.

AUSSIE LOCKER: Why hasn't anyone patented this design? I've never seen so many knock-offs and chinese crap centered around one product!

A patent is only worth what you can pay to defend it.

There's a historic patent case between Lock Right's parent company and Eaton, Lock Right won by a technicality and it cost the company upwards of 2 million to fight the case. When you're looking at an international case, quadruple that number, and then the offending company could just shut their doors and reopen down the street without any repercussions. It's an unfortunate reality in manufacturing. That's why it's so important too buy American when you can.

Back to the Monkey Grip, this ebay dealer also sells Lock Right, so I'm guessing it's a private label or group buy thing, not a knock-off issue.

not sure where you get those numbers, but it sounds way off. sounds like you don't have a design patent?

Around here, National Drivetrain is a large commercial supplier and is known for quality and support. Don't know if it is the same company. They are one of the few that stock Spicer Ujoints.

Back