• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Monkey Grip Lunchbox Lockers?

so you can get a lokka shipped for 200$ and you would use one of these? or a lock right for 210$ or a spartan for like 250$ or so. why spend 300$ on one of those?

lokka lockers are 250$ for C8.25

Contact RWKHaus for prices, but amazon has a spartan for 320$ Those are run by many and are proven to work.
http://www.amazon.com/Spartan-SL-C8-25-27-Locker-Heavy-Duty/dp/B00AWE4YQK
Don't go cheap from some random brand you and everyone else hasn't heard of.
In theory you might be able to find a 29-spline C8.25 (or other)axle for a decent price, and pick up a less-expensive, more known, locker and have a stronger axle with a locker.

Come on guys, theres no 27spl listed on their website for a lokka.

If your gonna make points, be valid.

Yes, they do, maybe you should get your eyes checked or do not assume.. Lokka 27=spl is 295$ vs 250$ but it's there!
http://lokka.com/site/buy/item/7833/US

Last edited:
From Lokka's website= 8.25 27 spline $295, p/n JEE-RO-241. You have to put in the correct year jeep in the search. The 29 spline is $250.

If its that big of a deal then upgrade at the same time and grab some 29spline shafts. You have to pull them anyways when installing the locker. Then sell the 27s to recoup. Win win win

Dont think you can put a 29 spline locker in a 27 spline carrier. Then people would be just swapping spider gears and shafts all day for a quick upgrade.

Last edited:
If its that big of a deal then upgrade at the same time and grab some 29spline shafts. You have to pull them anyways when installing the locker. Then sell the 27s to recoup. Win win win

Dont think you can put a 29 spline locker in a 27 spline carrier. Then people would be just swapping spider gears and shafts all day for a quick upgrade.

Pretty sure that the opening in the carrier for 27-spl is smaller. It could machined to fit larger shafts, but at that point since the gears would need to be setup again anyways, better to pickup a 29-spl carrier.

I clicked on the link that the OP posted and if you scroll down there is a lockrite locker that us using the same picture that monkey grip is using. I thought that was odd.

I clicked on the link that the OP posted and if you scroll down there is a lockrite locker that us using the same picture that monkey grip is using. I thought that was odd.

thats not out of the ordinary for an ebay ad. They just grab generic pictures, particularly when its the cheap chinese junk

Thought it was easier than that. Although its not all that hard to pull the carrier real quick and drive it to a machine shop. A weekend project at most if not one day if you planned correctly.

Last edited:
Checked out the link, this is a Lock Right design, not sure if it's a knock off or a private label deal.

Like all things, you get what you pay for. Lower grade alloys, while less expensive, also can equate to shorter life of the locker.

Back