• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mojo - V2.1

After finally getting most of the stuff i ordered, snaps, grommets, bungee cord and then picking up some leather / vinyl needles and heavy duty thread.... I finally made some progress today.

Got the whole thing cut out.
001-1.jpg

Not real pretty, but i got the edge around the bed all sewed up. :conceited
002.jpg

003.jpg

Also got the rear window figured out and cut to length. Just need to sew on the velcro and then seam the top part. then i can start attaching snaps and grommets.

Sewing is kind of fun... the prep work sucks ! :bawl:

Great work, Rod!
I like the updates coming live!

: )

I would suggest running those seams again and doubling up the stitching in all places!
Might as well do it now while its out and easy, instead of having to fix a blown seam later.

The edges have a 1" seam all the way around... its actually VERY strong. I took a sample and just did one traight seam accross it and it took a full strength pull to rip it apart. The vinyl is super strong and the thread is really tough also. My fear is the stitch length is really short in a few spots (cause i suck) those will deff be the weak links.

Ill get some pics of the back side so it makes a lil more sense.

The edges have a 1" seam all the way around... its actually VERY strong. I took a sample and just did one traight seam accross it and it took a full strength pull to rip it apart. The vinyl is super strong and the thread is really tough also. My fear is the stitch length is really short in a few spots (cause i suck) those will deff be the weak links.

Ill get some pics of the back side so it makes a lil more sense.

Don't you have daughters? put em to wurk. :wave1:

Dude, sewing is woman's work. Maybe next you can post about the casserole you're making or the sweet job vacuuming you just did.

Last edited:
Back