• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ steering/lift problem

had a buddy w/ a mj at that height, and i ride w/ him to work everyday, pre and post jcr steering...

it will make the ride much better... rcp phx can have his bumpsteer and worn tie rod ends.

had a buddy w/ a mj at that height, and i ride w/ him to work everyday, pre and post jcr steering...

it will make the ride much better... rcp phx can have his bumpsteer and worn tie rod ends.
What a TARD.Zero bumpsteer and have never replaced ANYTHING!
BTW,I usually drive at least 3k OTH miles each year for my major road trips!

Hey RCP, can you be more specific about how you "rolled" your swaybar links back? I'm assuming you mean you heated and bent them, but I've also heard of a pie cut method. What's worked for you?

Hey RCP, can you be more specific about how you "rolled" your swaybar links back? I'm assuming you mean you heated and bent them, but I've also heard of a pie cut method. What's worked for you?
I cut a little "pie" shaped wedge out,pushed it back and re-welded it.

I cut a little "pie" shaped wedge out,pushed it back and re-welded it.

Ah, the "pie cut" method. You don't happen to have a picture of this anywhere do you? Guess I could just figure out the geometry of where/how much to cut, but a pic would make it so much simpler.

Ah, the "pie cut" method. You don't happen to have a picture of this anywhere do you? Guess I could just figure out the geometry of where/how much to cut, but a pic would make it so much simpler.
I did but my previous ISP got rid of all thier customers web pages.I still havent figured out my new providers set-up(I have 1 pic up so far).Anyway I cut it close to the bolt .I just took some pics,I'll see what I can do,maybe by tomorrow.

What a TARD.Zero bumpsteer and have never replaced ANYTHING!
BTW,I usually drive at least 3k OTH miles each year for my major road trips!

I drive at least 1000 miles per month on my XJ. I killed that TRE becuase i added in a 1.25" puck to my RE 4.5" and that end got raped by the sway bar mount, the hitch pin, and the trac bar bolt.

Yup still waiting for those pics...

Ok,the first one is at full right.It just clears.As you can see my angles are basically perfect at 6" and stock steering.
swaybarlink.jpg

frontend.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics RCP Phx. I was figuring you had rolled them back even further than that. Does that clear at full right when the right side is at full droop? If that picture is at normal ride height, it looks to me like you'd still hit it.

Thanks for the pics RCP Phx. I was figuring you had rolled them back even further than that. Does that clear at full right when the right side is at full droop? If that picture is at normal ride height, it looks to me like you'd still hit it.
Well it doesn't hit anymore,I could have rolled it back some more,but that looked good at the time(no need to spend more time grinding than needed)!

To the OP, As for the stabilizer you can flip it so it mounts to the top, usually to the track bar mount to solve that, you will need a Currie style clamp kit, summit racing sells it. I would also turn that clamp that is rubbing so the treads face up and down, that should help too, just what I could see from your pics.

Back