• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mid January Camping or day trip, And to where???

Bronzewyrm

NAXJA Forum User
Well its time to get another run together! my schedule has changed so this will either be a sun-tues camp trip, or a day run on a Monday. im looking to the middle to end of the month. Its either going to be good ole TSF, OR I have no problems hitting up Santiam Pass OHV Area, or McCoy Motorized Recreation Area. id need to make some phone calls to the ranger station for trail conditions as some of the class II trails are snowmobile only trails starting some time in the year. And they are ran by the U.S.F.S

im open to either one, and have no problem getting the group lost at a new area :D. Id like to get back out on the trail soon. I do have a few things to do to the jeep before hand, but im itching.

post up, PM me, W/E's. ill try to have the plans finalized and posted in the staging area in the next week or so.

Here We Go Again!
Bronze.

things I have to do mine pull rear shafts grease the bearings, get the shocks on the front, spare tire, swap gas tanks, and skids maybe.

I would like tsf but anywere would be fun as long as theres a area for the kids to get out and stretch and play a tad.

I would be interested in a day trip to the Santiam pass area, or Mccoy.. Keep posted with what you come up with.. I'm craving new sights!

I would be interested in a day trip to the Santiam pass area, or Mccoy.. Keep posted with what you come up with.. I'm craving new sights!

you confuse me. Last I knew, you wanted "Zero contact" from me. Now you want to go wheeling?

my number aint changed.
Bronze.

I'd be down for some new places, if I stick with my 2" lift I can probably see if I can get a locker for the front or if I install the springs I got from stang, I'd be looking at only getting a sye and no locker... decision decisions lol

The 19th the Oregon off-roaring club is going to TSF they are meeting at rogers camp at 10am... Just an idea maybe we can join them...

Good luck, it's only open to snowmobiles once the white stuff hits the ground. There is 7 inches for a base at hoodoo as of today, might be enough to close the gate to the park but still not enough to ride over it with a snowmobile. The gate is located near the tubing hill at hoodoo, so from there all the way to big lake and all the trails are snowmobile only.

Just FYI

Good luck, it's only open to snowmobiles once the white stuff hits the ground. There is 7 inches for a base at hoodoo as of today, might be enough to close the gate to the park but still not enough to ride over it with a snowmobile. The gate is located near the tubing hill at hoodoo, so from there all the way to big lake and all the trails are snowmobile only.

Just FYI

All of the trails Jeromy? or designated trails are for snowmobiles? I plan on making calls today. as of last night there was 2" of roadside snow. I know there is a weather system moving through last night-tomorrow evening. so this will change things.

Bronze.

As far as I know, they don't plow past the parking lot for snowmobile staging. If you were to go up and over the snow wall it would either be fine as long as you don't get stuck (just piss off the snowmobilers) or you could end up with a fine. I really don't know. All I know is we use to ride up there and never saw trucks/jeeps in the snow.

After Nov 16 wheeled vehicles are not allowed on snowmobile trails check with the McKenzie River Ranger Station. I have heard of tickets for driving on trails snow or no snow after the Nov date

Back