• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Michael Jackson Dead at Age 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
MJ changed the way we know Entertainment. His influences stretch world wide. He was a very self-less person. His music was inspired by people less fortunate than all of us. IMO oprah, obama, or any other significant african american would have had a much more difficult time making themselves who they are today without MJ. He changed a lot in this world through his music. Hell he even raised $44 million for starving children. The man will always have my respect. He is and always will be a legend. R.I.P micheal...

Agreed. He helped thousands of kids at his ranch. 3 families took advantage of our legal system to extort money. 1 family was basically kicked off the stand because their stories were so obviously untrue. And he was the biggest celebrity in the world, that is why the news focused on him more than Farrah Fawcet. He was an odd dude for sure though. Not a child molester.
that said...

In memory of Michael Jackson, McDonalds is introducing the new MJ burger: 50 year old meat in ten year old buns...

Yea, this is America, where your money can buy our legal system. Give me a break. OJ's innocent too right?

So i guess Phil Spector, Mike Tyson, Michael Vick, Paris Hilton, and Martha Stewart didn't have enough money huh? And for your information, OJ IS in jail. You give me a break.

Wow the real tradegy today Billy Mays died, RIP.

billy-mays.jpg

Last edited:
First of all, we all know and like boostamante. Second, he was joking, it's slang, chill the eff out guido! :D
So because you "all" know him makes the use of the "N" work okay? Use of an offensive epithet is never "funny" or amusing ... unless you approve.

Why am I not surprised that the overwhelmingly, predominantly white clientele here would find nothing wrong with this? So typical.

Wait a minute.

First of all, not all of us know or like boostamante.

Second, I also don't care for racial remarks. But it is the moderators' job to censure posts as they see fit. It is not my job to preach.

Third, who are YOU (an East Coast female) to judge US as a whole? And BTW, I am not white, and neither are a lot of other SoCal members.

I know Julio Boostamante, Im not sure if I like him though

:D

I think he might be lastara

Note: I have nothing against gays... Only Julio

Why am I not surprised that the overwhelmingly, predominantly white clientele here would find nothing wrong with this? So typical.

And that is so racial. So who are you to judge anyone? Walking on water are we?

A couple agree with this guy out of 40,000 + members and you make a statement like that.

So because you "all" know him makes the use of the "N" work okay? Use of an offensive epithet is never "funny" or amusing ... unless you approve.

You just called NAXJA a bunch of honkeys, anyway if the moderators had to weed out everyones comments to make the site 100% PC & innocent and fluffy we would have to hire 10x the staff. I reccomend growing a pair or make a sign & go protest somewhere, with girls with hairy pits.

And that is so racial. So who are you to judge anyone? Walking on water are we?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx2

I don't really think the remark was directed at any one person or that it was meant to disparage or intimidate anyone. It is a very common colloquialism (sp?) that most people find amusing for being simply absurd. As I understand it, there is a big difference between the word "nigger" and the word "nigga", the latter not being seen by most as a direct insult but more like a rude way of saying "someone I recognize and equate myself with". The biggest reason people are offended by "racial" remarks is they are looking for something to be offended by. I would suggest that you could have less stress in your life if you were to accept meaningless chatter for what it is and not be offended by stuff people post on a website. If that coment had been directed at you specifically or even definitely aimed at a group to which you belong, I could understand you being offended. Your generalizations are offensive to me because I am a white person who strives to be equally friendly to all groups of people without regard to color, religion or any other group in which we place ourselves. Racism exists because of people making such generalizations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back