• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

May wheeling

altierior

NAXJA Forum User
I am available to go any Saturday in May other than the 21st. .

I want to run hard stuff. If you are lifted, locked, and loaded - Let's go.

I am putting up similar feelers on some other forums, trying to put together a group of three to five built rigs. When I get some response, I'll narrow down a date.

Anyone?

Hi John,
Wish I could, as we haven't wheeled together in years. May is going to be crazy for me though, so I'll keep an eye on the dates and if I can make it I'll post up. Deja isn't doing anything in May?

Hi John,
Wish I could, as we haven't wheeled together in years. May is going to be crazy for me though, so I'll keep an eye on the dates and if I can make it I'll post up.

Hey Andy, coincidental you should post up. Yesterday I found and watched a few wheeling videos on MrSimon's YouTube channel, two of which were of you on a hillclimb where I had hopped in your rig (to experience the impending rollover - such a disappointment. :yap:) .

Yeah, dude, we have to get together. I am on an entirely different level - both with my experience as a driver and with my build - from the last time.

oh, momentarily I forgot how to embed:

I'm busy in May too ... three kids in sports, a pregnant wife, fishing trips, shooting events ..... I have too many hobbies!

But John, you better not break anything before NACFest!!! I want to see you there.

And I want to see this John version 2.0 you are talking about .... does this just mean you get stuck twice as bad,?!?!

Hey Andy, coincidental you should post up. Yesterday I found and watched a few wheeling videos on MrSimon's YouTube channel, two of which were of you on a hillclimb where I had hopped in your rig (to experience the impending rollover - such a disappointment. :yap:) .

Yeah, dude, we have to get together. I am on an entirely different level - both with my experience as a driver and with my build - from the last time.

Lol... wow, forgot what my XJ looked like back then! I remember that day well, and STILL say that if I had gotten my pass side tire up on that slab (first vid) I could have made that climb..... or slid off sideways and barrel rolled down...:rof:

And I am also SOOO THRILLED to see that someone has one of the few times I have had to save my own bacon with my winch ON VIDEO... Lol!!!

If you're just looking for somewhere to go, Chaos is having their Spring Stompede event the weekend of May 13-15 (http://chaosoffroadpark.com/event/spring-stompede/). My rig isn't built like what you're looking for, but there should be some there.

You are going to this? Have you been there before? I have never heard of it. I am always looking to try new places, but that one is just too far for a day-trip. I will definitely consider it for another time.

Hi John,
Deja isn't doing anything in May?

DeJA club ride is May 21. My daughter put together a rock band and recruited her brother, and their band is playing their first gig on the 21st, so obviously that Saturday is out.

.... does this just mean you get stuck twice as bad,?!?!

It means I don't get stuck quite as easily as I once did, but even now: when I get stuck, I do it right.

But John, you better not break anything before NACFest!!! I want to see you there.

My motto: Build it, wheel it, break it, fix it, repeat. So breaking doesn't usually keep me from wheeling the following month.

But...
I already have tentative plans to do the Big Dogs Spring Fling event that same weekend.

I put together a small group for next weekend. Since I can't edit the title of this thread, I guess I will start another in which the heading is not so vague. Maybe some specificity will garner a little more interest.

Back