• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

May 18th - IC Shootout

I am down for whatever. As long as the speed is under 70 we can drive all day. Vibes are killin me. Hope someone else will chime in with a spot. I will look at the map of delle.

I checked out the BLM website and they have a couple maps showing areas that are off limits on the west side of Utah Lake. As you mentioned, you can still shoot out there, but it's further back from the road now. If that isn't too far south, we can go there.

That sounds great.
And north and a little east of Delle is Rowley road. I have been out there before and if we could find it again there was a great place to shoot. Kind of a flat area that looked like salty mud... But I would feel better if I knew it was OK to shoot there.

Last edited:
Yahoo Maps pinpoints Delle, UT on the northwest tip of Fremont Island in the Great Salt Lake. I am guessing that is a different Delle. I usually go west from 5-mile on the Pony Express Trail until just before or after the railroad tracks. I have gone both North and South from there and found areas that are used quite often. After the March 23rd run I went out there and picked up about 5 lbs of brass in about 10 minutes. Left a little of my own, too. It's not worth picking up the 22 LR, but I do like to police my 40 S & W.

That sounds great.
And north and a little east of Delle is Rowley road. I have been out there before and if we could find it again there was a great place to shoot. Kind of a flat area that looked like salty mud... But I would feel better if I knew it was OK to shoot there.

It's perfectly fine to shoot out there. In fact it's perfectly fine to shoot almost anywhere on BLM property. At least until fire season starts.

Re: Re: May 18th - IC Shootout

It's perfectly fine to shoot out there. In fact it's perfectly fine to shoot almost anywhere on BLM property. At least until fire season starts.

Just have to steer clear of ATI right?

Pony Express area sounds great too. So is this going to be a IC BOD shootout only, or anyone else coming?

Re: Re: May 18th - IC Shootout

Ya but that's not BLM and its fenced off and marked.

Pony Express is busy busy anymore. We were out there three weeks ago and people were swarming everywhere.

That's what I figured.

Who is flipping the coin? Do we meet at chevron or in lake pointe? Start jeopardy music now....

Jerry, is the Chevron in Saratoga Springs too far? The other option is the Flying J in Lake Point, but I think Steve's Pony Express spot would be closer for most of us.

I would say that its almost 2 hours from Layton to the shooting area and an hour or so to the chevron. I will put up a map link when I can. Unless someone else beats me to it.
Come on fellas get out of your holes and enjoy the weather.

Unless Steve's spot was crowded when he went, let's meet at the Chevron in Saratoga Springs at 9:00 tomorrow morning. We'll let Steve show us his shooting spot out past 5 mile pass.

If it matters, I plan on bringing my 9mm XDM, Ruger 10/22, and Savage .308 bolt-action. Anyone is welcome to try them out. If anyone is really interested, my wife's carry gun is a Sig P238, but I'd have to get permission to bring that one. :D

Actually, there are a series of spots, so if one is occupied (unlikely with the rain predicted) we can move to another one.
Nine AM more or less at the Chevron, I would guess. If too many people show (doubtful) we can send a few next door to Walmart and gather them in on the way.

Back