• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Matrix Rocked

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I saw it on IMAX screen and I must say that I am stunned.... I think I just found THE way to watch movies!!

Btw, did I say that the movie was really really really cool!

I haven't seen the latest one yet, but I will sometime this weekend. I think it's worth seeing the movies just to see Carrie Anne Moss, but hey, that's just me....Trinity can come over and kick my ass any day.

yeah, i enjoyed the movie too. but i just saw it on a reg screen. i can't believe the bad press this movie is getting. is it the best movie of all time? NO. is it supposed to change your lift? NO. it's a friggin movie - and for me, that means it's supposed to entertain you. and Revolutions did just that.

the way i judge a movie is weather or not it was worth the ticket/rental price and was it worth my time. Revloutions was worth both. :D

although it did leave a few questions unanswered. oh well.

FitchVA said:
i can't believe the bad press this movie is getting.

Well, I think I know what the problem with bad press is: they are looking at it as a standalone movie and as such, yeah it is nowhere near as good.... when you look at it in light of the trilogy, then it makes perfect sense

although it did leave a few questions unanswered. oh well.
I was told that I need to watch all the animatrix movies as they explain a lot and they are an "in between" and the "before" fillers.... Also they are supposed to be pretty good on graphics as same people who worked on final fantasy worked on them :D

I think the biggest complaint I've heard is the blatantly obvious sequel to ensue.

I guess it's the "there's no shame in promotion" deal. All about the benji's.:cool:

i don't think there will be another matrix. if i'm wrong, i'll still be happy to see another. but the way revolutions ended is the only way they could have ended it w/out REALLY making everyone mad. (can't go into too much detail w/out giving away the ending to those that haven't seen it)

FitchVA said:
but the way revolutions ended is the only way they could have ended it w/out REALLY making everyone mad. (can't go into too much detail w/out giving away the ending to those that haven't seen it)

Don't want to get into to much detail myself... but.... think about what happens at the end and what is said :D Also the song that is being played during the credits is a Hindu prayer (I was told that at the end of a movie by some friends who knew it :D) and it's supposed to be one of the most important prayers in the Hindu religion
It translates to something like “bring me peace, bring me light, bring me understanding of the path from life to mortality” In Hinduism there is a large emphasis on detaching yourself from your “body”, in the sense that your body is simply a vehicle to carry you from one place to another … sort of … I know this is an oversimplification but it kinds explains it Anyways, everything has an end = mortality is an obvious theme in the movie and is also big in Hinduism, so you’re not supposed to get attached to this life “your body”..... :D ok, that's as much as I can say without really giving anything away :D

i don't think there will be another matrix. if i'm wrong, i'll still be happy to see another.

I agree, but I sure won't miss the geeks in trenchcoats or the dorks sitting waiting in line with thier laptops before the movie.:geek:

rockcralwinxj said:
I agree, but I sure won't miss the geeks in trenchcoats or the dorks sitting waiting in line with thier laptops before the movie.:geek:

Let me guess... you got there late and either didn't get the tickets or had bad seats :D :D

rockcralwinxj said:
Tell him what he wins johnny!:D

Hahaha.... learning my lesson many moons ago during one of the Star Trek premieres I have preordered my tickets to the IMAX showing of the Matrix two weeks beforehand.... and I got myself to the movie theater 4 hours before movie was to start (and it's a Friday show.... 2 days after opening) and I have perfect seats :)

Kejtar said:
Hahaha.... learning my lesson many moons ago during one of the Star Trek premieres I have preordered my tickets to the IMAX showing of the Matrix two weeks beforehand....

Nerd Alert!!! You have to watch out for them at Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Matrix Movies. Mouth-breathers attend those movies like Muslims to Mecca.

Not that I'm not totally stoked for the LOTR movie.

Mingez said:
Nerd Alert!!! You have to watch out for them at Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Matrix Movies.

hmmm... if it wasn't for them nerds... there'd be no movies like that... nor your computer would do all that it does :) Be carefull who you anger as they might send them little white mice over the wires and your computer will go haywire :D

I just bought a LOTR book on ebay for $190.00 on E-bay.Please don't tell me I'm a LOTR nerd.

P.S. It was so expensive because it's all 3 books in one. Only an inch thick (printed on Bible paper), gilded leafs and a leather cover and leather book holder.
Y'know, it saves space.:eyes:

Kejtar said:
hmmm... if it wasn't for them nerds... there'd be no movies like that... nor your computer would do all that it does :) Be carefull who you anger as they might send them little white mice over the wires and your computer will go haywire :D

Dude, don't worry-it's cool cause I'm one of them. Without the mouthbreathing.:cool: I used to be an avid editor edited some movies and mostly television, etc.

As I said, LOTR Rules! Oh wait a minute, where'd I put that damn monster manual? Hahahaha.:D

Mingez said:
Dude, don't worry-it's cool cause I'm one of them. Without the mouthbreathing.:cool: I used to be an avid editor edited some movies and mostly television, etc.

As I said, LOTR Rules! Oh wait a minute, where'd I put that damn monster manual? Hahahaha.:D

Nerds of the world... UNITE :D

Speaking of....I think I've still got all my multi-sided high-impact dice with the meticulously hand-painted numbers somewhere abouts.....

Back