• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

March Corral Canyon run

Sat or sun?

Well, since the 14th Annual SoCalXJ Jamboree is that weekend, there should be people around all weekend. Friday through Sunday.

I can't speak for Dan or the group, but I would plan on Saturday. Typically for a weekend event, Saturday is the main day for runs. People camp the night, and maybe a quick run Sunday morning. Some people come out Friday too spend two nights, and just leave on Sunday without doing a run. Or some people just come out for the day on Saturday and go home. Either way, it'll be a good time and people should be around regardless. I know I'll be.

But if you all want to talk amongst yourself and say just a run on Sunday, maybe that's better. <shrug>

Pics or it never happened.

Not to pollute Dan's thread too much, here's 2 pics...

25ewo4n.jpg

18zl3.jpg

Am i missing something? Gunslinger is only rated moderate and was much easier than any oter trail everytime i ran it.

It was actually the first trail i ran in my jeep one month after i bought it bone stock.

Am i missing something? Gunslinger is only rated moderate and was much easier than any oter trail everytime i ran it.

It was actually the first trail i ran in my jeep one month after i bought it bone stock.
maybe you weren't on it or didnt do the whole thing. the trail we did was definitely more technical than sidewinder.

maybe you weren't on it or didnt do the whole thing. the trail we did was definitely more technical than sidewinder.

there are 3 new sections on gunslinger that are much more difficult than anything out there besides the connector...

so I have been told.

there are 3 new sections on gunslinger that are much more difficult than anything out there besides the connector...

so I have been told.

Ok forgot about that. Last time I was down there they had on of the new legs open. I ran it and it is on my site, it was a little more difficult than Bronco Flats.

I looked at the CC map and it looks like there is an optional section shown, South of the main trail. The track is not as defined as the northern leg. I have never been on that part, maybe this is the party line?

Mike, Kevin, Julio, Nathan, and a couple others are still out there. Not sure if they're wheeling in the morning or not. Had fun on Bronco today. :)

Diamondback off of Gunslinger is a really fun trail. Slightly technical in spots, lots of opportunity to get your axles fully flexed in opposite directions, and some really steep but short climbs on solid rock where all you can see is sky. Now my favorite trial out there. Had a ton of fun out there yesterday.

Got almost there and blew my motor on the freeway. Hope you guys had fun.

Damn John sorry to hear about that! Is the block ok? Let me know if you need any drive by and inspect replacements up in the Rivvy area! There is a guy in the Rialto area a few weeks back that had a couple ready to drop in for $200.00 to $250.00 and a long block for $100.00.

Damn John sorry to hear about that! Is the block ok? Let me know if you need any drive by and inspect replacements up in the Rivvy area! There is a guy in the Rialto area a few weeks back that had a couple ready to drop in for $200.00 to $250.00 and a long block for $100.00.
It did not throw a rod but I don't want to do a whole lot of work on the replacement. I think I will end up at least checking the bearings etc. I got a prospective motor lined up in San Diego near my brother.

Back