• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maine

Im going to be in the area all summer. Heck Im half an hour or so from Flagstaff every day. If I have my XJ done Ill wheel that, if not I have my JK and at least enjoy the trip.

also my gf lives right up near acadia park...that place is absolutley gorgeous in winter time, and im assuming summer too

bar harbor is another place id like to see, i went there over new yrs but everything is closed. the views were nice tho

if all goes well with making jeepie legal i am def in.

The summer is beautiful in Bar Harbor, Acadia national park, caddilac mt, etc. except for the crowds of tourists. I always go there after labor day, late fall sometimes, it's thinned out pretty good by then.

I used to spend 3 weeks or so camping in Somerville and hiking/swimming/biking/going to the shops in bar harbor every summer/fall... it is really nice up there for sure. We usually stayed till the day Mount Desert Campground closed for the season.

Gotta head out and hit advance auto parts, will update the list probably when I get back

i live up by bangor and there are alot of great place to explore around here and some pretty nasty trails if u know where to look....;)

I might go along--perhaps some others from Midcoast Jeep might go as well.

We camped at Kathadin Iron Works on our last trip up North last summer. We did the B-52 crash from the back way (from KIW), went over to the Golden Rd. through Kokadjo, went across Rip Dam, a trip to Milinocket, breakfast in Greenville, a stop at Moxie Falls and back South down 201 from The Forks, Bingham, etc.

You could spend days never leaving the dirt roads, that's for sure. Do be prepared for lots of driving and bring extra gas. Those wanting challenging wheeling may be dissapointed.

I was kind of thinkging a trip to the old Nazi POW camp in Jackman might be a fun diversion. There's not much left, but it is a neat bit of history.

For Cold War buffs, you can get pretty close to the old and obsolete Backscatter RADAR installaton in Moscow. If you want to go further up North, there are still some Nike missile sites left from the 60's.

Anyway, keep us posted as to dates.

Updating list...

* Hammered - still in?
* billyjp2 (not sure if you were interested or just giving ideas?)
* amadeus (same as billyjp2)
* kastein - still interested
* MrSimon - wanted to know timeframe. Still interested?
* bandito - not sure if you're still up for this?
* Mark (Begster) - still in?
* Steve (scully) - still in, tentatively
* 98XJSport - still in, near flagstaff
* XJBeater - still in as of 2 weeks ago?
* PacificEd - still in?
* zr2toxj - still in - With ME4x4
* Sam (ktm racer 419) - still in?
* jeepindeadhead - still in
* chedisme - still in
* snail - sounds interested, in? Hope you don't sell that rig before this :spin1:
* Shorty - sounded like he might be heading up later this year?
* 4pointoh1998 - definitely in
* camarors8992 - in, as of half an hour ago...

* Jon (redneckboarder) - definitely in if he can get his jeep road-legal
* masswrecker - interested and needs to know when
* 90 waggy - interested? up near Bangor
* mecompco - might be in, w/ some others from midcoast Jeep? Another location/trip idea:

We camped at Kathadin Iron Works on our last trip up North last summer. We did the B-52 crash from the back way (from KIW), went over to the Golden Rd. through Kokadjo, went across Rip Dam, a trip to Milinocket, breakfast in Greenville, a stop at Moxie Falls and back South down 201 from The Forks, Bingham, etc.

You could spend days never leaving the dirt roads, that's for sure. Do be prepared for lots of driving and bring extra gas. Those wanting challenging wheeling may be dissapointed.

I was kind of thinkging a trip to the old Nazi POW camp in Jackman might be a fun diversion. There's not much left, but it is a neat bit of history.

For Cold War buffs, you can get pretty close to the old and obsolete Backscatter RADAR installaton in Moscow. If you want to go further up North, there are still some Nike missile sites left from the 60's.

Anyway, keep us posted as to dates.

This is being talked about on Maine 4x4 also. There are a few folks interested in going also. I will tell them to register here. :)

I'm a maybe, have to decide closer to the date.

Awesome! It'll be pretty amazing if we get three different groups (two local - ME4x4 and MCJ, plus NAXJA NAC) all coordinated on this, but should be a lot of fun.

Hey, I just registered here. I'm with Maine 4x4 as well (Staff member) and depending on when you guys decide to go, I may be able to join in. The club is making a run up to the boonies late summer so getting another weekend off from work might be tough, but we'll see.
:peace:

"hey uh... my car broke down... in Maine... yeah... AAA won't come out here. I might be a few days"

Agreed with Jon, I'd love to see that stuff and definitely the old radar installation, since I'm an antennas/abandoned structures/ham radio nerd.

im just an abandoned building explorer guy

im pised they just tore down the old mill in my town ive explored that quite thoroughly

I'd love to do a full week personally, but if I succeed in buying a house, I'm going to be spending almost all of my vacation time this year fixing it up and won't be able to take any time off for jeeping.

Back