• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Main Dinner

I was thinking about checking with someone to have one made with the event logo or an xj on it. If you guys can get it done through her that would be cool.

mac 'it is a bday party' gyvr

Talk to the local grocery store. That's what we did in Moab.

Who was the last in touch with Norma?

Her husband?

Would you mind calling her to see if this is an option? If you are too busy, send me the contact information and I can call her.

Best bet would be to call the Wal-Mart there and see if their bakery could do it. That way we could send them a link to our logo or a photograph and they could print it on the sheet cake with their printer. They should have one of those printers that print edible ink onto an edible paper that gets overlaid on the top of the sheet cake.

The local walmart does not have a bakery to make cakes. They suggested either Food City or Don's Super Saver.

Don's Super Saver:

I estimated 30-45 people and was told a half a sheet would do.

$24.99 w/ out logo, $31.99 with logo. Would need to bring logo printed on a sheet of paper 1-2 days ahead of when we'd need it.

Food City:

$25.99 w/ out logo, $31.99 with logo. Can order online and upload the logo directly, then pick up when we need it.

Next option would be a full sheet, which serves 96 people.

I vote food city for the easy of ordering.

Sweet!

We will prolly need a full sheet.

mac 'hungry now' gyvr

Sweet!

We will prolly need a full sheet.

mac 'hungry now' gyvr

You think? Once I get back this week I'll tally up the numbers we have so far and see how it looks. I won't place an order until registration closes.

28 preregistrations I believe. That doesn't include the folks they are bringing with. Plus I know there are several move to register...

People wait til the last minute.

mac 'including me' gyvr

28 preregistrations I believe. That doesn't include the folks they are bringing with. Plus I know there are several move to register...

People wait til the last minute.

mac 'including me' gyvr

Shit I hope there are a lot more people to register. I'm going to feel real guilty for shorting the chapter raffles two years in a row for a low turn out event.

If it does end up smaller numbers I'm going to suggest we curtail the raffle some and stick the extra product (live product only) into the surplus pile (i.e. the "oh shit Winterfest is already here!" stash). It would still be the largest raffle of the year, just a bit less larger.

Quit worrying guys, 28 pre equals at least 60 people, still three weeks to go in registration.

mac 'no reason to worry' gyvr

I will order the cakes this weekend.

Have we updated Norma on what our numbers will be?

Norma called me last night and I returned her call this afternoon.

We are set for the full menu that was discussed early in the planning stages. She was set to charge $18 per plate to include desert, but she agreed to $17 since we are going to provide our own cake.

In discussion with Nick, we reconfirmed Saturday at 6:30 pm for the time. In discussion with Tim, with 91 pre-registrants in hand, I confirmed for 100.

MENU:
Pork Tenderloin
Roast Beef
Garlic and chive mashed potatoes
Green Beans
Salad
Rolls
Coke, sweet tea, unsweet tea

Bastards lied to me! Not all stores have the ability to upload images and order online. So i'll have to do it when I get to town on Monday.

Back