• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Main Dinner

sponsorship

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I know Dirk was going to get caterer lists, etc. but you may want to also contact local larger grocery stores to see if the service deli can provide food. This is what we did for Fall Fling and it worked out well at a nice price.

I am willing to do some assistance where needed but it would be best to have a local drive this project, plus I am only about 50% sure I'll be able to pull off showing up.

In 2012 we used a local catering lady by the name of Norma Mink. She is a local lady and makes everything from scratch. She did a complete meal last time. I will need to call her and get her to quote a meal.

There is also a grocery store in town that fixes food just like we had in Moab. We can check on that too.

Cut and pasted from a different thread in the BOD forum...info accurate as of this afternoon:

--------------------------

Harlan Center is available only on July 5, so we'll have to book it for that Saturday night.

We will need 4 rooms which will seat up to 144 in banquet table style. We could go with 3 rooms, but it is in an L shape which is awkward. The 4th room will open it back up to a 4 sided room. If we did only 2 rooms we'd only have room for 88 people.

They will not even begin to start the booking sheet without a deposit. If David wants to call on Monday he can do the booking. If I can get the credit card number I can call on Monday. If there is an SEC card available and one of the SEC board wants to call on Monday with that card, that is fine also.

The cost is $82.60 per room - so a total of $330.40 for the 4 rooms. 50% will need to be put down upon booking, so we'll have an outlay of $115.20 on Monday.

On Monday someone will need to call 606.573.4495 and ask for either Brandon or Amanda. They can do the booking sheet and take a credit card.

Lastly, we are allowed to bring in our own food, but we can't use the kitchen at all. There will be a fridge and freezer we could use. Alternately, we could use one of their preferred caterers. Whoever makes the call on Monday to do the booking will need to ask for their list of caterers. I think that it is worth looking at their options as well as outside sources.

I think Norma's name came from those guys.

She was on the high side price-wise but maybe we can see if she has price breaks based on the number of people. We only bought meals for 60 people last time. The food was really good though and there was plenty. She works at the local food kitchen so she took the leftovers to them.

I would prefer Norma, her food was amazing and she does a turnkey job, which takes basically the entire meal off our backs. I'd also rather share some local BBQ then subs or sandwiches you can get anywhere.

I would prefer Norma, her food was amazing and she does a turnkey job, which takes basically the entire meal off our backs. I'd also rather share some local BBQ then subs or sandwiches you can get anywhere.

We'll have to determine if she is on the list. They way I understand, if she isn't, we could still use her but she'd have to cook off site and truck it in. If she is on the list, she has the kitchen at the Harlan Center at her disposal.

We'll have to determine if she is on the list. They way I understand, if she isn't, we could still use her but she'd have to cook off site and truck it in. If she is on the list, she has the kitchen at the Harlan Center at her disposal.

10-4. Tim is currently on a plane I'll check with him when he gets home about a deposit. I don't think we have a card number though, just a checking account. That might change as we transfer to Wells Fargo.

Correct.

We do not have a card, yet, but will be transferring funds over to WF shortly which will get us a debit card to use. I sent Bricker my contact information earlier this week to forward to his contact at the bank. Once I get the paperwork i'll get it sent off and everything transferred.

Can we get a list of their preferred carriers ahead of time, before we book?

What if we want to scale back the amount of rooms/tables we want as it gets closer and we have a better idea of attendance? Is that an option with them?

4 rooms

If david can't call on monday, i will, just let me know if I need to or he needs to. National can put the deposit down so we make sure we get the reservation.

I about had a heart attack in Moab with room issues, I won't let it happen again...

Good with the dates if you guys are good with the dates.

I'm not sure when I'm going to be there but I'm thinking of a big road trip with NAC fest before Harlan so I could have an open end of options.

mac 'east coast trip' gyvr

I can make the call Monday, and can put a deposit down using the National card.

For clarity, could someone please send me a PM with exactly who I need to talk to, what I need to ask for, and dates, etc. I know it's in here someplace, I just want to be sure I have exactly the right info.

Alternatively, someone else can call, get everything set up, and I can then give them the card number.

David Bricker / SYR

David, look at post number 4. All the information is there - where to call, who to ask for, and a reminder to get a list of approved caterers. If you want me to make the call, I will, just get me the CC #.

I sent him a PM the other night when he asked for the information.

mac 'and requested of norma was on the list' gyvr

Did the call ever get made? I never heard from David with a CC# to make the call myself...

Anyone know?

I sent him a PM last night asking if he called.

mac 'haven't heard from him yet' gyvr

Did the call ever get made? I never heard from David with a CC# to make the call myself...

Anyone know?

I just got off the phone with Amanda. We are reserved for 4 rooms for Saturday. July 5. She did not take a deposit at this time, as there are a number of packages of services (table linens, place settings, bar, dance floor, podium, microphone, etc) that would change the total pricing. Despite no deposit, we care confirmed for the date.

Amanda is emailing me a list of items available. When I get that, I will post it here. Also, Norma IS on the list of approved caterers.

David Bricker / SYR

Awesome on all accounts!

mac 'should make dinner that much easier...hope Norma is available' gyvr

Back