• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Magnum 5.2 on Xj

The only solution to clear some space is to move front the radiator.maybe with this and with the shroud from a 4 liter xj have some good result...

Ok, not sure what you are saying, but it seems like you want to put the fan in front of the radiator, with the shroud in back....that won't work.

The shroud needs to be on the same side as the fan, and any shroud should be behind the radiator, not in front of it

if you are moving the radiator so you can put the fan behind it like normal, that might work then

if you are moving the radiator so you can put the fan behind it like normal, that might work then

relocate the radiator.
move it front,closer to the grille,to make space between the radiator an the engine,so i can fit the fan (s) and the shroud.

Extractor, you might be on to something. On your V8, the water pump is dead center. More than likely, your space problem is with the middle e fan. By using the stock XJ fan shrouds, the e fan motors will now be on either side of the water pump shaft, giving more room and by using bigger diameter fans and higher flow Spal or Flex a lite fans you should be able to cool that thing very nicely.

Just installed my new fans from permacool and i was very disappointed,because the result was much worst than the previus setup.
For one think i'm sure that i did get what they told me about.

Not real surprising. I've tried that brand and other, lower price ones with disappointing results. I have found that either Spal, Flexalite, or some kind of OEM fans are the only ones that really pull large amounts of air. The others say X amount of cfm but they always seem to exaggerate their ratings. Always go with as much cfm's as possible. Not enough and you over heat, too much will never hurt. Always overkill when it comes to cooling fans. Just my opinion.

Back