• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

magical trackbar destroyer

The misalignment spacers, bolt and nut come as a package from RE..... look at RE1684.

I'm a little ocnfused by what they told you since the 2 trackbars are virtually identical except for the joint on the end.

The bracket does drop your trackbar to some degree and changes the angle. This actually improves the geometry for most people running a lift and stock steering. Ideally, you should have the trackbar and the draglink on approximately the same plane. For me, they are very close and I've never had a steering problem that couldn't be attributed to something else.

I've got a lot of miles on the highway with this setup and have wheeled it everywhere I've gone without a hint of a problem.

John90XJ said:
The misalignment spacers, bolt and nut come as a package from RE..... look at RE1684.

I'm a little ocnfused by what they told you since the 2 trackbars are virtually identical except for the joint on the end.

The bracket does drop your trackbar to some degree and changes the angle. This actually improves the geometry for most people running a lift and stock steering. Ideally, you should have the trackbar and the draglink on approximately the same plane. For me, they are very close and I've never had a steering problem that couldn't be attributed to something else.

I've got a lot of miles on the highway with this setup and have wheeled it everywhere I've gone without a hint of a problem.

Yeah, a quick search revealed that the spacers are what I already have. This bar was my first exposure to heim joints so I wasn't sure...

Yeah, regarding the 2 track bars thing... I think it was mostly BS trying to get me to buy the other bar.

Well it kinda sucks, I had the bracket in my hands and passed it up because I didn't want to drill it out, and the guys from RE were saying that even if I did drill it out it still probably wouldn't work. Looks like I'll go back tomorrow and get it, every other option is either 3X as expensive or doomed to die a painful death...

RCP Phx said:
The bracket for the 1660 is "NOT" a drop bracket,it locates the bar exactly as stock!
My stock setup on my '92 is about 1/2" shorter at the pivot point versus the RE bracket and RE1600 bar on my trail rig. I suppose you could have seen something different. While I wouldn't call the RE bracket a "drop bracket", mine is certainly hanging lower than the stock model and definitely improved my steering component angles.

Back