• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lowest miles on an XJ

60thAnivrsryXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I liked the highest miles thread so much I had to make one for the opposite end of the spectrum. Who has the lowest miles on a cherokee with the factory engine still in it. Mine is a 2001 that just turned over 50,000 miles.

My 99 has 106,000, I guess thats low compared to some peoples. Burns no oil, but my right front wheel bearing and waterpump just crapped out. I've still got to get my banks header and Magnaflow catback installed.

So much to do and so little time.

Did I mention its hunting season.

2001 Limited with 45 and change.
That'll change real quick though as she just got a job that requires a lot of traveling each week.

2001 Xj Limited 81,980

With 150 Mi To And From School So 300+miles In A Weekend 1200 A Month. Then To South Padre Island Twice From Chicago. Chicago To Vegas To Vancouver ,british Columbia Back To Chicago.. And Its My Dd To And From Work 40 Mi Each Way.

The Road Warrior Lives..

60thAnivrsryXJ said:
I liked the highest miles thread so much I had to make one for the opposite end of the spectrum.

I tell my friends about those threads their jaw's just hits the floor, most people only hear about those little jap cars getting 3-400,00. wait till my jeep hits 2 then 300,000 I own it so I am gonna drive it till the wheels fall off. According to those threads it looks like it won't be awile.:)

My 96 Sport has slightly over 59K on it now. Barely broken in.....

Nothing replaced except an oil pressure sender and serpentine belt.

Ha ha, I hate these threads. Mine started getting piston slap at 60k miles. It was fine for a while but it got really bad and required a rebuild at a little over 100K. Screw Jeeps, this was my first and only. Everyone warned me, but I got such a great deal on it. Whatever I'm done with these POSs.

My only problem is no one will buy my POS even though its in really good condition with a newly rebuilt motor. I guess they already learned their lesson. :(

Last edited:
A lady down the street has an MJ that has been a garage queen. It has 16k and looks like new.

Eagle says he has a 2001 XJ up-country in his garage that never sees the light of day. i'd expect that to have VERY FEW miles on it.

This thread needs to be moved.

In any case,

1996 Purchased with 66,000 last year, now has 80,000

I see a '95 for sale in the newspaper- 22,500mi, needs work, best offer.

seems like when you don't drive them constantly things break.

sidriptide said:
Eagle says he has a 2001 XJ up-country in his garage that never sees the light of day. i'd expect that to have VERY FEW miles on it.
It's a 2000 Sport.

+/- 4,800 miles.

Back