• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lowered MJ

Hmmmm I already have a running 2wd MJ with 4.0, aw4 (daily driver). Was thinking of converting it to 4wd some day. but now.....................

Do you guys have any pics of your trucks? We'd love to have them over at the Comanche Yahoo group! (see addy below) Or you can post them here and I'll transfer 'em over for you.
Jeep on!
--Pete

JnJ said:
Hmmmm I already have a running 2wd MJ with 4.0, aw4 (daily driver). Was thinking of converting it to 4wd some day. but now.....................

Don't slam it to far John, you need to alow for compression when you get in the truck.:D

You been looking at me lately? Man I have added a few pounds since I don't have to worry about the Physical Fittness Test any longer. Gotta get used to making myself workout.

dang, i bet if some noob had came in here postin' this stuff, it wouldnt have gone over as well, but the PRESIDENT woowoo!

rotflmao

good luck with your project woody and make sure and keep us posted on it! :D

and if you need any help with the street side, consult my tripod site, or of course me ;) :D

you know what I was thinking would be cool, is get a peice of aluminum, the shape of the grille, and fairly thin, than cut it out into flames, and chrome plate it or just put some chrome tape stuff on it

:D

PS, I would like to see some of these street mjs!

Ok This starting to be a bad infuence on me I've wanted to build a street MJ for awhile and now I want it even more. I guess I'll have to hury up and sell my 89 larado 4dr i just got as a daily drive and find a mj sooner. Just think and mj with 300 hp 4 wheel 12in disks rolling on a nice set of 16in wheels. Its driving me nuts and my mj rock buggie isn't even started and the xj isn't any where near what i want But every one keep up the good info. I use to love the road racing MJs they used to have and in 89 when i first move to va i saw a primer MJ slamed that looked all to sweet and whats better as a daily driver.

Pro Street crossover to sand-drag or mud?

Hmmm the pages in our Jegs and Summit books are beginning to stick together

One thing about starting with a stock/unmodded vehicle is that it allows a lot of brainstorming.

Up front, probably retain the tube axle/unit hubs, XJ brakes. A lot if hassle & $$$$ to swap in a a-arm kit

I was looking specifically at the rear suspension setups. Low-Bux is to retain the SUA leafs, OEM width axle and maintaining the wheelwells. maybe just add traction bars or a 'link & shackle' like Sams off road or others have built/use rockcrawling. Not real bling-but not a lot of ching either.

OTOH if we wen't full-on with the pro-street theme...narrowing/bracing the rear uni and tubbing the wells for a narrowed axle housing (9" Ford is well supported in the aftermarket and would live behind a SBC w/ no problems)
4 link (5 link with the above mentioned traction/anti-hop link) with coilovers is the way to go.

Qs for the folks with drag-racing or mud/sand racing experience:

Are the drag-oriented 4 link kits (Jegs/S&W etc) beefy enough and offer adjustabilty to be safe on the street and asphalt drags, plus enter a mud or sand race once in a blue moon. Being 20 miles away from Rockingham Dragway isn't a good thing :(

Is soft surface racing a totally different animal (chassis setup) than asphalt? I know the tires are a little different, what about shock valving, spring rates, travel etc...?

Anyone have any links to mud or sand drag sanctioning bodies? I'd like to peer upon their class designations before going too mild or wild with my daydreaming LOL

Thanks

"Hmmmm......chop the top off? Convertable MJ?"

Ummm...probably not

Would make it lots easier to install an 8 or 10 point cage though.

Yes, first mark one full coil wrap (from the bottom) in 1/3's. Also mark the 1/2 wrap location too. Cut out 1/3 of a wrap from the bottom, and check sitting height. If you want a bit more, cut it off at the 1/2 wrap mark. 1/3 of a wrap should give you about 3/4" of drop though.

Then replace those whipped on front sway bar bushings with poly and you'll be suprised how well that little truck handles. I got the poly bushings at Autozone.

Andy

you'll notice the top corner of eash post has a date, these are over 1.5 years old. just an fyi for ya

Ramsey said:
you'll notice the top corner of eash post has a date, these are over 1.5 years old. just an fyi for ya

maybe he was being optimistic about someone's ability to finish a project??

he's brand new so i just assumed that. but thats a good way to look at it also. now if i could just get some things accomplished...

I hope *somebody* finished their lowrider. I had made a ComancheClub.com logo just for them:
76179110.jpg

:D
Jeep on!
--Pete

nice sticker

Back