• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower T-case gears?

Ok so all the info i wanted where is the best place to buy the doubler? i'll source a 300 from a junkyard and do a rebuild to both before its doubled up and front dig's are exactly what i was thinking.

Better late than never (4 months after the opening posting)

I am planning a NP231 + Dana 300 to give a 3 speed case with low low at just over 7:1. DD Machine sells the kit. I already have mine, and am in the process of building the twin case on the bench (you will have to flip the D300 if you arerunning stock axles).

The overall length of the twin case is about 1" shorter than the NP231 with the slip yoke.

mecrafty said:
Better late than never (4 months after the opening posting)

I am planning a NP231 + Dana 300 to give a 3 speed case with low low at just over 7:1. DD Machine sells the kit. I already have mine, and am in the process of building the twin case on the bench (you will have to flip the D300 if you arerunning stock axles).

The overall length of the twin case is about 1" shorter than the NP231 with the slip yoke.

7:1 now thats low. I used to have gear envy, the Yota guys in my club have dual cases. Then I put in a 4:1 Rubicon tcase and found that for me, 4:1 is plenty. I have the AW4 auto and in low at 3000 rpms I'm feel like I"m barely moving. I now drive in 3 most of the time. I can't image what 7:1 would be like.

Sierra Drifter said:
7:1 now thats low. I used to have gear envy, the Yota guys in my club have dual cases. Then I put in a 4:1 Rubicon tcase and found that for me, 4:1 is plenty. I have the AW4 auto and in low at 3000 rpms I'm feel like I"m barely moving. I now drive in 3 most of the time. I can't image what 7:1 would be like.

4:1 is pleanty low enough. But having a 3 speed case is what caught my eye. The majority of the time 2.7:1 low is just fine, but when I hit the great mountains of Kansas something lower would be nice! :laugh3: And a Dana 300 will give me a twin stick option for front digs.

Sierra Drifter said:

SLOW!!

I run an Atlas II 4 speed. 5.38 R&P's transfer case ratio in low low is 10.1:1 total crawl ratio is 155:1. Don't often need it but when you have an obsticle you just need to get over it's there. Also slow on a large rock trail is a lot easier on you..

DaffyXJ said:
SLOW!!

I run an Atlas II 4 speed. 5.38 R&P's transfer case ratio in low low is 10.1:1 total crawl ratio is 155:1. Don't often need it but when you have an obsticle you just need to get over it's there. Also slow on a large rock trail is a lot easier on you..

I cant imagine what trying to stop 155:1 would be like.

Back