• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower T-case Gears or doubler for 242?

LJ 241's are not as easy to fit as TJ 241J's right?

This guy on Pirate is selling one for $1200:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/engin...-cv-yokes.html

But I think I read somewhere that a 2004 TJ Rubi case is a direct fit, while the LJ cases have the wrong yokes, wrong bolt pattern (they are metric?), etc? Did I read that right?

LJ is the same, its just a long wheelbase TJ.

JK is the one you want to avoid.

Excellent, thanks! Then I've got a line on one now. Just need to figure out what to buy to get the tone ring speedo to work with mine.

Do be aware that there are 241J T-cases out there that have 2.78:1 ratio low range. The Jeep Rubicon cases are all 4:1, but the 241 was also used in certain Dodge trucks. It's been my understanding that the 241OR is the one with 4:1 low range.

If you have an AX-15, be sure that trans came from / was for a XJ, not a TJ. I got a replacement AX-15 and unbeknownst to me, they shipped me a AX-15 for a TJ. The T-case mounting is clocked differently. It won't impact you when fitting a 231 behind the AX-15, but you will have to massage the floorboard to get a 241OR to fit. The plus of that is the T-case then sits above the "frame" rails, allowing for a much flatter belly pan to be built.

David Bricker / SYR

I got a 241J 4:1 rubi case coming =) Will be sticking it up behind my AW4. From what I hear, other than wiring up a speedo box to convertor the signal from the tone rings, everything else is a bolt-on.

Out of curiosity, for those that did the 241 to XJ/TJ swap, what did you do for the shift linkage issue (241's arm goes up, XJ goes down)?

Out of curiosity, for those that did the 241 to XJ/TJ swap, what did you do for the shift linkage issue (241's arm goes up, XJ goes down)?

Novak cable shifter. Works like a charm. When I added the Black Box, all I had to do was call Novak, and they shipped me a eight inch longer cable.

David Bricker / SYR

Back