• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

loose steering

93xjpos

NAXJA Forum User
my jeep drives good no vibs or anything on the highway but the steering is really loose. if i'm driving at high speeds and hit bumps kinda feel like its gonna go out of control. theres a lot of play in the steering wheel and its kinda turned to the right when u have the wheels straight any ideas?

Check all of your steering components or go have an alignment done. They won't be able to do it if you need a steering component.

reelbigdundy87 said:
Check all of your steering components or go have an alignment done. They won't be able to do it if you need a steering component.

x2 start with that. But be careful as some places may charge you for the alignment and not check for worn parts (happened to a friend of mine)

Also, I've heard theres an adjustment on the steering box to help with slop if everything else checks out. Just do some research because I'm pretty sure it could blow the box if adjusted too much or incorrectly.

Back