• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking to trade low mileage MJ "kit" for daily driver MJ

x-jay vision

NAXJA Forum User
So guys, I'm putting a feeler out there. Projects are piling up and my available free time is not increasing. I want to live the Comanche dream, but don't know when I can finish this current one. I'm looking to trade my Comanche with all the parts, and some cash if necessary for a road worthy driver. Mine has 78000 original miles, long bed 1989 4.0. I have almost all the parts for finishing it. I have a 1997 AX15 ready to go in, a 231 tcase and both front and rear axle assemblies. Dual brake booster, rear disc conversion, brand new carpet, along with 4 TJ moabs, DBO battery box and lots of other stuff. I just replaced the floor pans, covered the whole interior with sound deadener, repaired some frame rust and plenty of other stuff. This thing isn't perfect but I truly have the parts to make it beautiful. All the parts i have for it will go with it. There is plenty I'm forgetting, if you have a driver mj and want a new low mileage project let me know.

Alright now I'm considering hiring a member to finish this for me. Anyone who is out of work, we can work something out, you can come do an appraisal and give me a quote. I'm thinking somewhere in the 1500-2000 range. I don't want a novice, but would love to help out a member in need of some cash and get my truck done.

The time has come guys, I need to sell this thing. A Comanche has been a lifelong dream for me and I wanted to live it, but the time isn't right and I don't see myself having the hours in the foreseeable future.

It's a 1989 4.0 5 speed, with 78,000 original miles. Motor runs great. The truck is not in working condition because I started the project. All parts I have for it go with.

Things I did:
- installed front 2 inch receiver with tow bar
- replaced, sealed, and painted driver floor pan
- replaced valve cover gasket
- cleaned all electrical connections in engine bay
- repaired and painted frame rust
- removed fuel tank and fuel lines
-removed transmission (in preparation for 4 WD swap, see before)
- wire brushed and painted transmission cross member
-lined entire interior with sound deadener
-removed dash and replaced heater core
-replaced air filter with specter reusable
-replaced cap and rotor
-replaced plug wires and plugs
-repaired dash cracks

What it comes with:
-front d30, rear 8.25 from 2001xj, brand new spring perches come with
-backing plates and calipers for rear disk swap
-aluminum camper shell
-ax15 from 1997 xj
-231 tc for ax15
-4 tj moab rims
-brand new flywheel and clutch
-dual diaphragm brake booster with master cylinder
-clutch master and slave cylinder assembly
-new headlights
-brand new interior carpet
-new headlight switch
-4 WD shift lever with bezel
-fuel pump assembly
-manual adjust (internal) driver side mirror

I am definitely forgetting things. Everything I have for this truck is going with it. I'm not trying to make money, just want to pass on the project to someone who has the time or space. Looking for $2000 obo for everything. Will happily answer any questions about any of it.

Bedsides have a couple rust holes, but body otherwise is in good shape. Bed is great, everything is straight. Due to age, and the fact I bought it in Maine, there is no title, but I will happily provide Bill of sale from original owner and a Bill of sale from me. The tailgate is in great shape, cab is great. Only the bedsides are bad.

Last edited:
Bedsides have a couple rust holes, but body otherwise is in good shape. Bed is great, everything is straight. Due to age, and the fact I bought it in Maine, there is no title, but I will happily provide Bill of sale from original owner and a Bill of sale from me. The tailgate is in great shape, cab is great. Only the bedsides are bad.

i'd love to jump at this, but it's also not in the cards for me either.
i'll suggest getting ahold of the previous owner and get a copy of his old registration. Mass, and most other states dont consider a bill of sale as proof of ownership, so you will likely need more documentation.

I can work with previous seller to get a duplicate title if there is an interested buyer. I never needed a title because I was buying from Maine and registering in new Mexico

Back