• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for some info help

96jeepman

NAXJA Forum User
Hi there all i got a 91 xj Limited its got a tranfer case with part time 4 full time 4 would it be better then mine with 2 h 4 h 4 l and would it be able to be mounted on to my tranny or would i have to trade out the tranny in as well. Also another thing how can i tell what front and rear it has in it . and whats the better to use . one more thing how do you tell what gears are in them . i know im asking alot sorry .

The rear axle - If you have ABS, you have the 35 (top pic)

if no ABS you have the 8.25, which is the 27 spline to my best knowlege.

Your front axle is a dana 30.

325707_182_full.jpg

should be in OEM tech...

you could always just call me and ask me.
for you, i don't see it worth your while to pull the 242 and swap it to your jeep. I'll stop over tuesday and check the rear end. we'll get the VIN and call Jeep and get the build sheet...that will tell you the gears.

The rear axle - If you have ABS, you have the 35 (top pic)

if no ABS you have the 8.25, which is the 27 spline to my best knowlege.
That is not always true, I have no ABS but have the D35. It is true however, that if you have ABS you have a D35.

yeah, I figured with a well equipped Woody, they would have at least thrown me a decent rear end. On the good side I haven't broken it yet. On the bad side, I need to regear and I'm sure I will break it soon....Having a D35 is like getting an erection in 6th grade math class, everyone knows you have it but they are too embarassed for you to mention it.
Thanks alot Chrysler.

Last edited:
Kevin, you have a D35 with 3.55's

Back