• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for high quality control arms

I sent an email to them.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Maybe Rockclimber will see this and chime in with p/n or such.

"We can not say they will work on an XJ as we have never done it."

Katie Jansma
Savvy Off Road
796 E Harrison St. Unit B
Corona, CA 92879

(949)870-8106
Savvyoffroad.com

just realized most of this thread is almost 10 years old.

Honestly, I'll probably order a kit DOM and joint kit from Ruff Stuff. this build is actually starting to take shape in my head.

Maybe Rockclimber will see this and chime in with p/n or such.

"We can not say they will work on an XJ as we have never done it."

Katie Jansma
Savvy Off Road
796 E Harrison St. Unit B
Corona, CA 92879

(949)870-8106
Savvyoffroad.com

just for the record,
TJ/LJ/ZJ/XJ/MJ Front Upper and Lower Control arms are all the same.

before I 3 linked I ran Rokmen TJ lowers and Currie TJ Uppers for years.

so if savvy won't confirm they fit an XJ its simply because they are covering their asses. can't really fault them for that.

just for the record,
TJ/LJ/ZJ/XJ/MJ Front Upper and Lower Control arms are all the same.

before I 3 linked I ran Rokmen TJ lowers and Currie TJ Uppers for years.

so if savvy won't confirm they fit an XJ its simply because they are covering their asses. can't really fault them for that.

I miss the "LIKE" button.

I LIKE this post. And I like the look of the SF Control Arms (gonna stick with my JKS at least for now since nothing appears worn.)

Stinky Fab is getting quite a good rep around here it seems.

just realized most of this thread is almost 10 years old.

Honestly, I'll probably order a kit DOM and joint kit from Ruff Stuff. this build is actually starting to take shape in my head.
Reading this old thread probably taught me more than starting over with a new one. And now it's up to date.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Been thinking about getting some if these. I like to run poly on the axle side.

https://www.barnes4wd.com/Forged-Chromoly-Poly-Joint_c_95.html

My pickup may be first to try these. Been wanting to get rid of castor bolts and run adjustable arms upper and lower. Would run both ends poly on the pickup.

I've had good luck with the cheap ruffstuff 7/8 and 1.25 heims.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

you would be way better off with a flex joint, not poly.

IF you do decide to run poly, make sure you significantly strengthen the mounts, as the poly bushings will tear them off.

Rock climber

That reply makes no since. Your worried about poly causing your control arm brackets to tear off. Hmmm the bolt on world must be full of cheap shit.
Maybe I need to read my reply again or maybe you do either way one of us is not seeing straight

i *think* he means that poly bushings will transfer more force to the mount than a heim joint. But not 100% sure./..

More importantly bushings need to flex in all 3 dimensions "x-y-z", only a flex-joint provides that!

Bushings on axle end flex joints on frame side is a good combo. I get no bind on the axle side poly joints and they keep the arm from flopping side to side.

If I was binding on my poly at the axle theyd be all chewd up.

4f09c65da4b3661a9e104c95f8d767e1.jpg

Back