• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a hydronic jack repair shop

Nimrod

Degenerate Jeeper
NAXJA Member
Anybody know a place in SoCal that repairs hydraulic floor jacks? I've tried Google but have struck out. A couple of places seemed promising, but are out of business or have limited their business to selling seals and such. One place -- Hydraulic Jack & Pneumatic Tool Repair on Bennett Street in Compton -- doesn't answer the phone.

I could do it myself, but it would be a PITA. I disassembled the frame and tried taking the top nut off of the cylinder, but couldn't budge it with a pipe wrench and BFH. I'd just as soon not mess with it further. Where can I take it for a professional rebuild?

I've had several jacks and trans jacks done by "professionals", never been happy yet. Sadly I'd recommend a new one ($$$) or do it yourself.

What does it entail... a jack rebuild ?
I don't know, but thought is was some O-rings maybe a seal or ?? and some fresh fluid.

Just curious...

Curt

Rupes hydraulics is San Marcos, San Diego does that kinda of work. We use them at work for all our cylinders/rams and they've rebuilt jacks for us before.

What does it entail... a jack rebuild ?
I don't know, but thought is was some O-rings maybe a seal or ?? and some fresh fluid.

I think that's about it. Plus the right equipment. I'd need a 2.25 inch impact socket that I don't have, and possibly a more powerful impact wrench. Then I'd need to find the right size o-rings somewhere. Then I'd have to put it back together and hope nothing leaks. I'm trying to avoid the hassle.

One place -- Hydraulic Jack & Pneumatic Tool Repair on Bennett Street in Compton -- doesn't answer the phone.

text me the addy in the morning and i can drive by.

Thanks, Mark and Avery. I went ahead and bought another jack yesterday because I needed to get on with working on the Jeep. So it's a moot issue now.

Back