• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking For: 2 dr XJ

97XJ2

NAXJA Forum User
Well, the powers at be allow me to look for another 2dr to add to the stable of one. Preferring 97+ and cleanish. Keep your eye's out, and thanks!

thought Id pass along a phone number.

a 98 2 door has been sitting in this guys driveway in town for at least 6 months, doesn't look like hes trying too hard to sell it.

I stopped and talked with him a while back, its got the 4.0 5 speed manual, around 90k, low miles, not the nicest around, but not beat up either. good paint little to no rust, nice interior, black in color, has steel rims, driver window might be broke not sure. I believe he was asking around 3000 for it. seemed like a steal to me, could probably talk hime down a bit too, his wife wanted it out of the driveway when I was there.

(815) 286-3170, In northern illinois, about 60 miles west of chicago, near DeKalb.

Im sure he won't be expecting a call on it, but just ask if he is still selling the cherokee. If I was in the market, that would be the one I would pick up.

Good luck on your 2 door search they are getting harder to find these days,Cash for clunkers didn't help either.The really nice ones prices seem to be going up too,but there're some good deals to be found.I just found this one Saturday on the JF partout list: 99' 2 wheeldrive,has a 4 banger blown bottom end but got new head with it,5 sp. light frontend damage,frame o.k. best part is total investment so far $150 > $100 for the xj and $50 for gas to get the beast home.
IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm following up on these. Rob, thats alright, he can keep those rims! Any PMs were returned. But the search is not over, so If you see 'em you can post up. :D

thought Id pass along a phone number.

a 98 2 door has been sitting in this guys driveway in town for at least 6 months, doesn't look like hes trying too hard to sell it.

I stopped and talked with him a while back, its got the 4.0 5 speed manual, around 90k, low miles, not the nicest around, but not beat up either. good paint little to no rust, nice interior, black in color, has steel rims, driver window might be broke not sure. I believe he was asking around 3000 for it. seemed like a steal to me, could probably talk hime down a bit too, his wife wanted it out of the driveway when I was there.

(815) 286-3170, In northern illinois, about 60 miles west of chicago, near DeKalb.

Im sure he won't be expecting a call on it, but just ask if he is still selling the cherokee. If I was in the market, that would be the one I would pick up.

Any chance you could grab pics? Or do you figure my best bet would be to call him?

I have a 2 dr black XJ I'd sell you.
It's a 4.0L/231/5 speed/8.25 with 2" bb.
Grey cloth interior with manual windows
135k miles. It has Nate's 4x4 aftermarket bumpers front and rear.
give me your e-mail addy if you want some pics.
I'm looking to get at least $3K for it.

passenger rear angle.jpg front driver side angle.jpg

Back