• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Longer rear wheel base

thobson

NAXJA Forum User
I am getting a set of alcan spring and going up to 7.5 inches. I was wondering if anyone has had their reer leaf spring perch moved back on the spring and what this would do besides obvioulsy spacing the wheel off the inside of the front of the wheel well? I've done searchs and can't really find a direct answer about lengthing the rear this way.

its done all the time, best is to get some anti wrap perches and just redrill the hole towards the front of the perch, if you want to really gain some wheelbase you can flip the springs around so the long side is forward. i did a combination of both to get a 114" wheel base, and the title of this thread doesnt make sense and probably shouldnt be in advanced fab lol.

You need to be very careful when flipping the rear springs. You WILL kill the springs and have mad spring wrap unless you run a traction bar of some sort.

Ask Farmer Boy........

ive got my rears flipped on my jeep, it does have a little wrap and i havent put a traction bar on it, im running 3" bds full leaf packs.

CRASH said:
You need to be very careful when flipping the rear springs. You WILL kill the springs and have mad spring wrap unless you run a traction bar of some sort.

Ask Farmer Boy........

What are you talking about? It work great (for a little while), but more importantly it looked cool (sitting in the garage). Everybody should do this & URF should build the kit (It's on par with the rest of their crap).

If you're gonna flip the springs than before you actually run them, trackbar it.

Matt

FarmerMatt said:
What are you talking about? It work great (for a little while), but more importantly it looked cool (sitting in the garage). Everybody should do this & URF should build the kit (It's on par with the rest of their crap).

If you're gonna flip the springs than before you actually run them, trackbar it.

Matt

I dont believe you. I know 15 other dudes who beat on their junk and have not had a single problem in 3 years. I think you need to STFU.

:confused1

Back