• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LONG Discourse on why NOT to buy from Rusty's Offroad

How many think I am an @$$]-[()[_E for posting this?

• You are a total @$$]-[()[_E!!

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • You are a puckered sphincter

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • You are a bit of an @$$]-[()[_e - but still on to something

Votes: 34 27.6%
  • This info should be shared and you are not an a-hole

Votes: 54 43.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of us do our on maintenance on our vehicles. Many times I’ve gotten the wrong part from a local parts house and it’s aggravating to have to go back to town and get the right part. If I stopped doing business with every one I’ve gotten a wrong part from. I would run out of places of where to buy. I’ve been to Rusty’s to buy parts and I’ve ordered parts by phone. While I was at Rusty’s I believe it may have been his son that waited on me. He was very polite and knowledgeable. You would not believe the amount of phone calls Rusty’s get. Rusty was on the phone continually while I was there. Like I said earlier I’m well pleased with Rusty’s.

The 29 spline axle crossed this dumbass's mind more then once. Wish I did it but that was not the point.

While I was at it, I should just upgrade to a 9" with a spool! :)

Thanks for all of your candor and some valid points!

I have been in business for over 13 years and customer service is number one! I am a so called middle man on many occaisions where I could easily hold up my hands and blame the 3rd party.

I just feel like if someone puts their faith and trust in my 'brand' I will do all it takes to be sure I deliver. If I need to drive to another shop, a competitor or otherwise, I am going to get them what they want. This is legendary and is what people come back for. Anyone can make a great lift kit, or a great fab part etc. but it is the expert service and advice that keep my customers coming back. They feel like they are a part the plan instead of being an inconvenience or just a customer.

No personal experience but my buddy ordered a set of rock rails from him, next day air. They got there a week later. He really needed them to get ready for a run we had coming up. He paid almost as much for the shipping as the rails cost. That took 5 days from Bama to Cali. Normal ground shipping time. Once he got the rails they were missing the mounting hardware! He was screwed. Took another 2 weeks to get his bolts. For that I will never buy off Rusty's.

You're nuts if you think I'm gonna read that novel you posted, especially seeing you registered on this site (and I wonder how many others) just to whine. You got a problem with a vendor go deal with it yourself, or get yer mommy to do it for ya, she's probably used to it. I've been around long enough to know that there are two sides to every story, we're only hearing one. The saying "The customer is always right" is BS!
Sometimes the customers ARE wrong. Some are total A-holes and some can't be satisfied no matter what is done to please them.
You may have been wronged, maybe not, but the way you've gone about it here is completely wrong. Grow up and learn how to handle life a little bit before you go out in front of the world and put yourself on display as an idiot. TC

Hi TC,
You obviously did not read what I wrote even in the last post...I did not say the customer is always right. As we all know, that is simply untrue. I said, "customer service is number one" (job one).

There are many times when they are wrong, but it how you handle it that matters.

You're so friendly. I hope we meet sometime to go wheeling.:firedevil

Please...I beg of you...do not begin the discussion of bench press weights and reps. :roflmao:

revnitsudyak said:
When he called me back, (Rusty) he said that he talked to ARB and they were
out of 27 spline lockers and have been for a while.

UPDATE: After I wrote this, I decided to call ARB direct in Renton,
WA. I was told they have 27 spline lockers in stock and were never
out. Nothing coming in on a container!
THIS ALONE SELLS ME THE GUYS STORY... Hard to dispute the disparity. Rusty's LIED straight out!

Who's to say Rusty lied? There is always the possiblity that the conversation went the wrong way or was a misunderstanding or that even ARB told Rusty one thing and rev another? Comes down to cya and most of the time everyone will. I purchased a few products from Rusty and on some occasions it didn't arrive on said time and once recieved wrong part as you did. But I am not new to ordering products from an out of state vendor and expecting them to arrive at said time and in said order. I personally give extra time and know there are always issues with shipping. Especially large orders. Rusty's has always at least tried, given circumstances or time of year or in stock availability, to get my orders right and I appreciate this. Now on the other hand I can also see where Rev is .38 hot! lol I would be too if I was actually expecting something to come thru and was needing it asap. Although when a vendor does a large amount of manufacturing, there will always be some sort of possible misunderstanding if they are busy enough. I have to admit sounds like Rusty didn't follow through as well as he COULD have but none the less no need to bash. He makes good quality products and for the price maybe that is why I give more leeway. But all in all I believe this sounds like the typical he said/she said theory and it was possible Rusty got sidetracked, which is no excuse on such a large order, or shipping and outsourced products got mixed up. Don't know how well you handled yourself when you spoke to Rusty but he tries his best. I had an issue and didn't argue or whine and he went out of his way to cut me some slack on shipping and a discount on my next purchase, but that was just my case maybe being as I didn't call everday and rag his behind. But I see where if he promised it to you and you didn't plan for any slack and wanted it yesterday, then I can understand how you are upset. Hopefully you will finally recieve all your order in good condition and get it on your jeep and forget this experience and just enjoy the ride. Let's just hope you never need anything specific to something Rusty's carries solely...yikes.

As far as handling my self with Rusty...In my dealings with others, rule #1 is treat each other with respect and dignity.

While hot, especially as the problems escalated, composure was maintained. I just took a hard line on when (which I could not get an answer because he said it's out of his hands) and how would I know (which I still don't because he did not tell me he would follow up and I have not heard yet).

As always, the truth is somewhere in the middle. I did not accuse Rusty of lying, it may have been implied but it was not my intent. I am just more concerned with the ownership part of the equation. ARB could well have told him what he told me. I was just curious why, when he had a customer so concerned, that he would not personally call to check on the order, and at minimum, call me to break the bad news. This I can handle.:callme:

Thanks for your insight and I will be more cautious in the future.

AHHHHH, drought season here, cry me a frickin river-edit. forgot i was out of the den. like said before, dont start a membership to bash rusty. if you would have started one earlier and searched, you would have seen people bitchin about customer service, and half of that is your fault cause you have no idea about your rig....he's got some good gear, and can't beat the deals.

skyjackedxj96 said:
AHHHHH, drought season here, cry me a frickin river-edit.

Dude, what's your problem? Why you gotta drag me into all this? :moon:

i meant to say, don't work up a fever because you had a bad experiance with Rustys Offroad

Oh I see...that's cute...just leave the river off this time and go with fever? That's just jacked man. :D

State%20Record%20Brook%20Trout%20and%20Angler.jpg

i bribed this one
icon10.gif

I've been a long time customer of Rustys. Even if my heep has evolved past 99% of what he has to offer I still send ppl his way. He DOES make a great product for the money and he does take care of the ppl that treat him well.

If you don't like the service or product, go some where else. I'm sure rusty will be hurt to lose the business of an assbag like you.

while you're at it, go somewhere else like JU where you'll fit in more, you're wasting our web space.

now shut up.

I'm done

Yeah...How dare you speak your mind on a forum...next time ask the people who took the time to post/complain about you in this thread what you should post about so as not to upset them.

Post on man!!

Let me try to explain this to you, and I'll try not to use any big words. When someone posts something called an "opinion" on a public forum there's always a chance that someone else might post an opposing (that means different) opinion. You shouldn't get your feelings hurt if everyone doesn't agree with you. Buh-bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back