• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arms or drop LCA's?

mudslinger4x4

NAXJA Forum User
in the summer i'm looking to upgrade to 6" of lift so i don't have to do any more trimming to clear the 33's i have. they rub a little bit on the rear of the front fender but not bad. i know that once i go over the 4.5" that i have now i'll have to get new shocks, a T-case drop and extended brake lines. i was wondering on which would be the better purchase as far as control arms. i'm on a tight budget and was wondering whether i should go with the brackets that drop the upper and lower control arms or just get the long arm kit from rusty's. its a 90% DD and i don't do that much rock crawling so flexing isn't that much of a concern because i stick mainly to mud. any advice would be great.

Im guessing you still have stock control arms? Just get a set of quality aftermarket adjustable control arms and push the axle forward so the tires dont rub in the back anymore. You dont need any more then 4 inches for 33's.

-Alex

Ba-Riedo said:
Im guessing you still have stock control arms? Just get a set of quality aftermarket adjustable control arms and push the axle forward so the tires dont rub in the back anymore. You dont need any more then 4 inches for 33's.

-Alex
no with the kit it came with new longer LCA's (skyjacker 3"). i know i don't need more than what i already have but it's starting to sag a little in the rear so that's why i just decided to raise the whole jeep up a little more. plus it would look a little better

Honestly, your best bet is some RC drop brackets. If you were going to be wheelin more, id say go Long arm. But dropping the pretty penny on a 3 link system isn't worth it if its never going to be tested. Since you dont do rocks, you wont have any problems with the drop brackets and your also on a tight budget. Also, your 33's are going to look really small, since your at 4" and 33's now and trimmed.

the highway ride is way better with longarms even better than dropbrackets.:laugh3:

Back