• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local Rig Directory

(If you click on the pictures it will take you to my web shots site and more pictures of the Jeep, among other things)

I'm Eric, aka "The Big E" 'cuz, well, I'm not a little guy. :D I bought this Jeep (95 or 96, I keep forgetting LOL) for $1000 from a young college girl who had it on CL as "Blown Engine"... it was a leaky water pump. $5 in Bars-Leaks kept is sealed up tight and running fine for 8 months before I finally decided to replace the cooling system because it ran hotter than my '89 did. Good thing too, when flushed, the rad had a few leaks as well as the heater core.

It's got a Rusty's 3" HD lift with new rear leafs, 31" BFG AT's ('Cuz it's a Daily Driver) and a Kargo Master Roof Rack now... I'm surprised at what I can get over with a little traction... and a little surprised at how little mud it takes to stop this open/open diff Jeep. I have a Warn 8274 to mount up front, and will be installing a D44 in the rear as well as lockers in anticipation of heading to Moab in the fall.

I live in Lynnwood (Or Lynn-tucky as I like to call it) and work at Boeing-Everett, and think I see some of you guys on a regular basis during my commute.

See ya on the trails!

Eric

welcome to the site. i to live in lunntuckey hehe. what you do at boeing? been trying to get in there for a while now

nice jeep btw

787 Eningeering, moving from Payloads back to Landing Gear Electronics. (Got pink slipped Friday but I had a backup plan that worked out perfect, MAN WAS I LUCKY)

From what I hear, all hiring is on Freeze but it's best to check the Boeing Website for openings. Do a search and I'm sure it'll pop up.

Thanks for the words about the rig... it's a work in progress. Those rock rails really stiffened the chassis too! And, I'll bet they won't hang me up like my '89's nerf-bar stuld hoops did!

E!

100_0718-1.jpg

mike,stacia, & ryder foster's 87
4.5 lift 33 inch superswampers
:scottm:

nice jeep. welcome to the crazy farm

ok im a FNG, my name is Dennis and i live in the Wenatchee area. so for my first post i guess i'll try and show off a little.
specs: 89 pioneer, rebuilt 4.0, bored 0.060 over, cam, mallory ignition, header, rustys exhaust, custom intake; tranny-ax15; np231 w/teraflex SYE; frt d30, 4.56 open, posiloc cable; rear d35, 4.56 auburn ECTED; susension frt teraflex 4" coils, 2" spacer, Nth degree uppers, Teraflex lower LA, Rustys track bar, Rustys crossover steering, Teraflex discos; rear 4.5" Rustys leaf pack, Teraflex 1.5 shackles; 33x12.5 toyo on 15x8 aluminum wheels; custom Me built frt bumper w/warn 8k winch; custom Me built rear bumper w/swing-away tire carrier; future plans im working on a roof rack, Rustys fender flares, frt locker and who knows. Thanks for the time and i hope to see some of you onth trail. ya these are some serious poser pics but i havent been able to go wheelin for a long time.
2yzj0iu.jpg

2d1mx5e.jpg

30jr21z.jpg

34rvtiw.jpg

2ipz4i.jpg

255rvd3.jpg

Welcome!

Hey HellbillyXJ Post a couple more pics of your tire carrier. Just the part holding the tire if you would. What did you fab it out of..

Welcome!

Hey HellbillyXJ Post a couple more pics of your tire carrier. Just the part holding the tire if you would. What did you fab it out of..
its acombination of things- i call reengineering
i work in a foundry as a maintenance guy so i have a lot of industrial materials around. i started with a tapered pulley hub that my wheel fit on
and drilled it so i had three studs to set the wheel on. then i turned a shaft to fit through the center and welded it. the shaft is drilled for a padlock and threaded. i used a peice of pipe welded to half of a pipe coulpling. then welded handles on. ill try and get some pics later

Back