• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Little Red

When you put the new windshield in, put a 97+ gasket/trim on instead of the early style.

FWIW didn't work to good for mine. I was told the molded area where the glass sits is different, I told him to do it anyway with extra sealant .....and it leaks. I tried that thin sealer that's supposed to find the path the water does, but it still leaks. not much, but a drip here and there.

and it's the famous renix ground strap that's causing my stumble.

poke it with a stick while running and it dies. off to buy a 4 ga 12" replacement @ the tsc

I have had late model glass in my MJ for years with no problems. Hell, I installed one myself a few years back. Junkyard glass, 3M windshield urethane, 3M urethane primer.

If it leaks, it was probably badly installed or there was rust on the bonding flange that they didn't bother to wire wheel off first. When I did mine, I wire wheeled all rusty areas to bare metal, then hit everything I wire wheeled with rust converting spraypaint, then used the windshield urethane primer over anything I had to paint. Then used urethane windshield adhesive to install it. Went in fine, zero leaks.

Pops the blower fuse anytime you use an AC setting on the vent position. Runs all speeds fine in the vent/heat.
I know what you're thinking, a short in an AMC dash? GTFO. never happens. ever.

I'd bet it's a bad AC pressure switch on the receiver/dryer. Pull the plug on the pressure switch and try again.

and the windshield leaks.

Check the windshield frame for rust.

Pretty happy with the Falkens for daily driving.

Wildpeak AT? My new set did well on my little Jeep in Death Valley, held on well at 50 mph on gravel/dirt/washboard, too.

I'd bet it's a bad AC pressure switch on the receiver/dryer. Pull the plug on the pressure switch and try again.

likely, the switch was unplugged under hood. It got plugged back in and that's when I notced the blower not working on the drive home. I think I'm going to have the AC professionally charged and converted to 134. THis thing still has pressure and R12 in it.

Check the windshield frame for rust.

If it's there at least it's not bubbled out to the roof. I can fix the flange bit

Wildpeak AT? My new set did well on my little Jeep in Death Valley, held on well at 50 mph on gravel/dirt/washboard, too.

Rocky Mountain AT
It's the discount tire named one so they don't have to price match. Appears to be identical. Aside from the holding rocks and flinging them at 50 MPH they seem to be pretty good. I had it in the wet yard and no tire slip. 2 low may have had something to do with that. Speaking of, I'd never seen the use for a 2 low kit, but it could be handy as hell with a 5 speed jeep.

Rocky Mountain AT
It's the discount tire named one so they don't have to price match. Appears to be identical. Aside from the holding rocks and flinging them at 50 MPH they seem to be pretty good. I had it in the wet yard and no tire slip. 2 low may have had something to do with that. Speaking of, I'd never seen the use for a 2 low kit, but it could be handy as hell with a 5 speed jeep.

Makes for some wicked burnouts too. :)

Went from beating one into submission to saving another one! This jeep is gonna be sweet!

Rocky Mountain AT

Commuting in rush hour traffic I wish I had one every day. So does my clutch.

If only it was easier to get 2lo working without spending a mint on the kit.

(I really just wish I had a dana 300...)

I don't believe you.

believe it. I drive like an 80 year old man on sunday.
I only abuse things in rocks.
Commuting in rush hour traffic I wish I had one every day. So does my clutch.

If only it was easier to get 2lo working without spending a mint on the kit.

(I really just wish I had a dana 300...)

I drop mine in 5th and don't touch it in 18 miles. rural commute FTW.

good call on this. unplugged it this morning, now all of the vent selections work on all blower speeds.

I'm going to rehab the AC system with a new drier, pressure switch and seals. I figure I'll have someone evacuate it, then I can do all the work, and I'll take it back to have it properly charged.

good call on this. unplugged it this morning, now all of the vent selections work on all blower speeds.

I'm going to rehab the AC system with a new drier, pressure switch and seals. I figure I'll have someone evacuate it, then I can do all the work, and I'll take it back to have it properly charged.

I didn't know you moved to California.

I'm a 5-10 over speeder... stay right except to pass and I won't spit in your beer :gee:

Get yourself a vacuum pump and do it yourself. It's really pretty easy.

Oh, and you might consider substituting R152 instead of paying out the ass for R12. R152 = modern computer air duster. All you need is a can tap to use it.

I sent you a link via facebook with info about using R152 in automotive R12 aircon systems and the various procedures to vacuum and charge a system.

I'm a 5-10 over speeder... stay right except to pass and I won't spit in your beer :gee:

Get yourself a vacuum pump and do it yourself. It's really pretty easy.

Oh, and you might consider substituting R152 instead of paying out the ass for R12. R152 = modern computer air duster. All you need is a can tap to use it.

I sent you a link via facebook with info about using R152 in automotive R12 aircon systems and the various procedures to vacuum and charge a system.

yeah, I'll research that, but I figured since I'd have it open to replace the drier and shorted pressure switch I'd just change the seals to 134 friendly ones and convert it to 134 properly.
The fact that it still has pressure in it is good news for me, I'm figuring on the evap and condenser to not be hosed.

Back