• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Little Red

it's fully stock, and that is the load sensing rear proportioning valve.
I'll ask Doug, but that picture was likely taken with an empty bed.

Sweet, I just used a coat hanger to set mine thanks...also you seem to be missing your e-brake

yeah. I've already gotten all the replacement cables. 16 bucks to my door.
Forgot to grab the equalizer from Doug's garage that came from the 87.

no worries. I wasn't gonna mess with it until I did the axle swap anyhow. I just found a wheel chock shaped rock and rock that.:laugh:

no worries. I wasn't gonna mess with it until I did the axle swap anyhow. I just found a wheel chock shaped rock and rock that.:laugh:

That's funny, I have a chock rock too, brought it all the way from AZ. On a side not could you take a fresh pic of it unloaded

I hope you didn't buy Dorman cables, they're crap. On the other hand, the Raybestos cables I just put on my XJ are pretty good quality.

I hope you didn't buy Dorman cables, they're crap. On the other hand, the Raybestos cables I just put on my XJ are pretty good quality.

closeout made in the USA bendix cables. was a super lucky score on rockauto. THe boxes look old, so they're probably not crap.

got the valve cover done today. It's stopped leaving puddles. Was a mess underneath. I ended up pressure washing the valve cover and cleaning the CCV towers.
Not sure if it ever had an oil change. Has some sort of issue in the wiring harness right there. Stops the truck. I'm assuming it's CPS related.

Pops the blower fuse anytime you use an AC setting on the vent position. Runs all speeds fine in the vent/heat.
I know what you're thinking, a short in an AMC dash? GTFO. never happens. ever.

Methinks that a lot of things that didn't have oil next to them now have oil next to them again.

If it quits leaking then it's empty. That's pretty much the theory with $80 million helicopters, should work for your jeep too.

I'll retorque it this evening. Didn't leak at all last night. I hate valve covers.

and the windshield leaks.

I guess that explains the one spot of rust on the floorpan. It's been wet under the carpet for who knows how long.
The good news is that the frame seems solid. So it looks like I'll just have to have a windshield put in it.

When you put the new windshield in, put a 97+ gasket/trim on instead of the early style.

I've already robbed these from the limited in the yard.
Really good shape, all the power base stuff still works because I powered them with a 4S LiPO in the yard so I could get at the rear seat bolts:

This sounds like a cool trick, can you explain how it works? I had to pass on a set of WJ seats once because I couldn't get the seat to move to access the bolts.

Nice MJ, great to see another one being saved.

This sounds like a cool trick, can you explain how it works? I had to pass on a set of WJ seats once because I couldn't get the seat to move to access the bolts.

The connector coming directly out of the motor is a simple power/ground. You just need to jumper it to your battery of choice. I used a 20v cordless drill battery a couple weeks ago.

If it goes the wrong way, switch the polarity.

the 12V connection going to the seat base switch is underneath and goes under the carpet.

Cut it, shove wires to anything approximating 12V, use seat switch to check base. a 4s lipo is 15V. I happened to have my flight box in the car with batteries. like redheep said, a cordless drill battery works too.

The connector coming directly out of the motor is a simple power/ground. You just need to jumper it to your battery of choice. I used a 20v cordless drill battery a couple weeks ago.

If it goes the wrong way, switch the polarity.

the 12V connection going to the seat base switch is underneath and goes under the carpet.

Cut it, shove wires to anything approximating 12V, use seat switch to check base. a 4s lipo is 15V. I happened to have my flight box in the car with batteries. like redheep said, a cordless drill battery works too.

Cool, thanks. Learn something new everyday.

Yeah, I use 18 volt cordless tool batteries for that all the time. If they go the wrong direction, I just tell them to go the other direction. I'm not picky about specifics, I just want it to move so I can get at the bolts.

hit WOT and 3K+ for the first time last night. It's got some pep, and massive torque lean. I should probably replace the swaybar bushings with 1/4" of air showing. Motor mounts are completely wasted.

Fixed the MAP vacuum line and that cleared up some of the off idle stumble. Runs fine at 1500+ RPM. Might be a vacuum leak yet. Weird things started after I did valve cover, so I disturbed something under the hood that's let to driveability issues.

Windshield leak is annoying.
Put fuel in it and got 19 MPG for the tank. That includes a few trips with 1k lbs of wood in the bed. So not terrible. Hell, Accord only averaged 22-23 combined.

Pretty happy with the Falkens for daily driving. Slightly noisier than the Hankooks. Still smell like cow poop. THey love to pick up and hold rocks until you're doing 55 though. I felt one in the floorboard this morning it hit so hard underneath.

bring those to Harlan for the racecar. I'll pull the factory links before I load it in the wienerbox so we can campground install those. Tell my wife whatever they cost.

I'm not planning on doing anything that needs the swaybar disconnected in this pile.

I'll probably do mounts this weekend, I'm not trying to break my bellhousing like some people.

Back