• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lincoln Locker in an 8.25

Neil said:
detail

Dana 44 aftermath.
Hey Neil, Yahoo says the file is inaccessable.

Yahoo sucks!

Okie Terry said:
You'll be okay as long as your valve stems aren't rubber.:D

But seriously, I'm running a welded 29 spline with 33x12.50"s and I wheel it hard on rocks and no breaks yet.

I'm sure, though, if I went up to 35"s and wheeled the way I do the rear axle would sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies in short order.
Two years later, turns out, I'm psychic.........

I welded mine up on my first XJ and ran 35" swampers and never had a problem. I ran the 'Con countless times on it and it never broke but I did carry a spare shaft just in case.

Damn this is an old thread.

penz said:
So how fast are you all eating tires on the street?
It's not the horror story that some folks say it is.
I ran mine on the street for a year and with regular rotations, tire wear seemed minimal.
Just keep 'em aired up on the high side to decrease the contact patch.

Beside the point, what is your location, Germany or Oklahoma?

seanR said:
That is what I have, no problems...yet.
Since this thread is two years old, I should up date also...
The above quote should read.....
seanR said:
That is what I DID have, no problems....except for the pile of spider gears and the hole in the diff cover.

I ran welded for a year. Even though it's 2 years later, I still am so technologically challenged that I can't post carnage pictures. I run a mini spool now and feel much better. $60.00 and I'm not waiting to hear a bang every time I turn a corner. I will never weld again, especially since mini spools are so cheap. Someday I will upgrade to a selectable locker, but that's when I have money to burn.

Neil

No one makes a mini spool, nor a full spool, for the Chrysler 8.25, only for the 8.75.
If you want a spool, better learn to weld.

Last edited:
Ludakris said:
guessing the mini spool was for a D44 not an 8.25...

Yes the mini spool was for the D44. One year no problems. My Lincoln locker exploded after one year and cost a fortune to repair.

Neil

Back