• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lifted 1998 Cherokee my loss your gain.

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
56jy.jpg

Let me first start off by saying the only reason why I am selling it because I have been out fo work for a while due to injuries and haven't been able to pay my rent lately. I am about to be evicted from my house and I can't let that happen. I am only asking 3k for the cherokee. My loss is your gain.

It's a 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport with 165xxx miles on it. I just spent $2800 a couple months ago putting a lower mileage engine and a new cooling system in. The original engine threw a rod and could not be rebuilt. The newer engine has 100k on it. It has an automatic transmission. power everything, including cruise control. The interior in near perfect and grey in color.

The good:
4.5" National Spring's custom leaf springs ($700 retail)
1" JKS Shackle
4.5" Rustys Coils
Custom upper and lower control arms with johnny joints
Heavy Duty tierod
Stainless steel brake lines on all four corners
Procomp shocks
4.11 gears
lunchbox locker in the front and a limited slip diff in the rear
Tomken transmission skid plate
Tomken Transfer case skid plate
Custom rock rails
Custom rear bumper with swing out tire carrier
32" BFG KM2's with 60" tread along with brand new full size spare
Hack N tap style SYE with Rubicon Express rear driveshaft
Airraid Throttle body spacer
Front bumper has been modified with a 2" receiver and setup for a tow hitch
Alignment just done a week ago

The bad:
Front Driveshaft is pulled. It just needs new Ujoints which is a $50 fix if you can do it yourself.

I am having to start it by using a screwdriver to connect the two point on the starter. This ONLY has to be done when its cold out. When it's warm out it starts up perfectly fine.

Will not pass CA smog because of non CA legal catalytic converter, that is THE only reason it won't pass smog. It's a $300 fix for CA residents, but if you are in NV then you don't even need to worry about the non CA legal cat.

if you are interested please shoot me a PM. I need to sell this thing FAST.

Thanks!

Registration has been paid for. I just can't get the tags until a California legal cat is installed. I have all the paper work for the registration and from the smog. $2500 by the weekend. Someone come and get it.

So, I made a deal with Mike to buy this XJ from him. He asked me to come get it on Saturday, at 8:00am. Apparently though, it's an auction not a sale, so now he says someone else is going to buy it.

Not surprising considering that he backed out of selling me this same XJ twice before, but I was thinking he might have finally got his act together.

Sorry to hear that Aaron.

You might remember that Mike was selling this same XJ last year when the motor had a bad knock. At that time, he had recently been injured and didn't have time to fix the Jeep himself. I offered the use of my MJ, but his injury prevented driving anything with a clutch. So we came to a deal, and I said I'd come get the XJ right away. He said ok, but later texted back that he decided to keep it.

He kept driving it with the knock, and blew the motor. Then, he wanted to sell it to me, but for the price we agreed to previously. I adjusted my offer since I'd now have to trailer it and the block was possibly no good as a core, and he stopped acknowledging my texts.

So, this third time I was apprehensive, but I thought things could work out. I thought it was a little weird that he needed money really bad, but wanted to wait 2 days to meet up after we agreed terms. But I guess now he was waiting for something better to come by while stringing me along.

It's not really a big deal, but seriously dislike intentional dishonesty, especially in a small community like this.

Well with it being such a small community as it is, let's hope he actually sells it and moves onto another community. Shi theads are everywhere. Just gotta try to avoid them

So did you ever try calling him? I see that he never responded to your texts, (which is all that was stated in your post) but if you were serious, I'd assume you would have called?

I'm not saying what I did wasn't wrong. I went back on my word and I apologize for that. I never sold it at all. I just couldn't get myself to sell it for the 1800 that turbobrick wanted to give me nor the 2500 the other guy wanted to give me so I just ended up keeping it. I dropped $2800 in it just last November for a new engine. Plus the other 5k in parts, regearing, etc. I just couldn't let it go for that low. I'm not here to defend myself and start a bunch of shit. Say what you want, I'm not into drama. Again I apologize for backing out of my word.

$3001.50

Hubaduhhubadahhubadah going once. Going twice...

$3001.50

Hubaduhhubadahhubadah going once. Going twice...

I was just messing around seeing how this thread is all about throwing numbers around. A PM from the seller says $3k will get this XJ. I'd lower your bid a cant hair.

Sorry, I was just trying to fit in. GLWS

Back