• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift with out impact wrench?

on a scale from 1 to 5.... how hard is it to install a 4.5 rough country kit without a dam impact wrench. :dunno: and how long too.

I wouldn't even attempt it, but I'm lazy. lol. Best to find someone near by to help you out. An impact will cut the time in half.

I'd say a 2 also.

I installed my RE 3.5, then swapped both axles without an impact gun.

Just make sure you have quality tools...

on a scale from 1 to 5.... how hard is it to install a 4.5 rough country kit without a dam impact wrench. :dunno: and how long too.

I installed my RE 3.5" alone with all hand tools. It took all day cause i had never done anything like that before but all in all it was really easy. I had sore arms and cuts all over but that was the worst of it. PB blaster helped im sure cause I had no problems with anything taking the old junk off. The best part about all this was that I had borrowed an Impact from a friend and I thought I left it at work so I just did it without the impact but once I had finished I started cleaning up and found the impact sitting in the back of my jeep:doh:

Hand wrenches have been around longer than air tools. It can be done with patience and a little elbow grease! :cheers:

I did it without an impact. There are alot of scary stories out there but a rig that lived its whole life in so-cal is easy compared to everywhere else.

Spray down with PB blaster as mentioned.

pb blaster is your best friend. i soaked mine every day for a week before my lift install...and it went really easy

and if you're doing shocks, which i imagine you are, be careful of the rear upper mounts...they can break. hit those real good with the PB...

Boy could I have used these a couple weeks ago...:wow:

Yup, it's not often I need it, but when I do, I'm glad I have the set.

7lw_close.jpg

Back