• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift blocks

benulis55

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 4.5" RE lift and want to go up another 1" or 1.5"

is there any downside about using a lift block? I have an 8.8 rear

At 1-1.5", lift blocks aren't a problem, just make sure to check the torque on your u-bolts periodically.

Blocks become a problem with axle wrap in the ~2-3" range.

did you already replace the shackles in the rear with extended ones, when you did the 4.5 lift? if not they would probably be a better idea.

did you already replace the shackles in the rear with extended ones, when you did the 4.5 lift? if not they would probably be a better idea.

The RE 4.5" lift is 3.5" springs and a 1.25" shackle.

You need the longer shackle to get the travel from the longer leafs.

I ran an RE 4.5" lift with a 1" block and 1" spacer for about 2 years, it was never a problem.

The RE 4.5" lift is 3.5" springs and a 1.25" shackle.

You need the longer shackle to get the travel from the longer leafs.

I ran an RE 4.5" lift with a 1" block and 1" spacer for about 2 years, it was never a problem.

I stand corrected. if cal says its ok then Im sure it is. he's one of naxja's resident experts.

I feel like you're making fun of me. ;)

It is however ok. I've run them, Cracker ran them, Goatman runs them.. they don't become a problem until they are taller blocks.

I feel like you're making fun of me. ;)

It is however ok. I've run them, Cracker ran them, Goatman runs them.. they don't become a problem until they are taller blocks.

sorry if it came off that way. Im really not. every thing you say on here is normally spot on. there are guys on here that post stuff and dont know what they are talking about. I find your posts are always helpful and informative.

I'm not always spot on, sometimes I'm more opinionated than I could be.

What has happened to NAXJA? I had a rough day at work. I saw this post and was looking forward to another protracted flame war over lift block use. But NOOOOO. Suddenly everyone got mature and reasonable. In the past if some mentioned lift blocks it was flames to the death to be sure!!!!

Could it be that those of us that run lift blocks intelligently have finally won? Is Cal's advice so overwhelming that he has become the new "Goatman" with the final and last word on all things tech?

I am disappointed to miss out on a good fight. Is this the new, kinder gentler, O'Bama era NAXJA?

John

If you run lift blocks, you will die. :gag:

Yeah sure and it it will fold like a taco at the first bump right? Dang web wheelers know it all.

John

I have 2" tapered blocks in the rear of mine on a 4.5" RE super flex, it works fine however it can get some axle wrap if i start jumpin it around, which is bad anyway. On 1" blocks you should be fine.

What has happened to NAXJA? I had a rough day at work. I saw this post and was looking forward to another protracted flame war over lift block use. But NOOOOO. Suddenly everyone got mature and reasonable. In the past if some mentioned lift blocks it was flames to the death to be sure!!!!

Could it be that those of us that run lift blocks intelligently have finally won? Is Cal's advice so overwhelming that he has become the new "Goatman" with the final and last word on all things tech?

I am disappointed to miss out on a good fight. Is this the new, kinder gentler, O'Bama era NAXJA?

John

hahhhahhha

X2 on smaller blocks being a option. would buy Offroad designs or DIY offroad produts on pirate. both sell a 1" zero rate block, great products,$33.00 to $40.00.

thanks for those, but I'll just make my own. Also need to make a spacer for the front coils. Anyone see a reason why the coil spacers cannot be made from Aluminum? Poly spacers will probably help a little with noise, I'm just not sure if I have enough Poly stock...if not I know I have aluminum

Back