• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lew was found.

Bna0atb

NAXJA Forum User
My jeep which was stolen a month and a half ago was towed back to my house today. Fortunatley fully intact minus the ignition and stereo. Tires wheels and suspension all in tact. Anyone know how to replace the ignition lock and cylinder?

Glad to hear you got it back. Especially with most of it still there. What'd they do with it, jack it and take it for one quick joy ride?

S

I've got several steering columns with keys so lemme know if your column got too chewed up to fix.

In looking at his original "theft" post, it's a '99.

If the aluminum casing that the lock cylinder fits into hasn't been damaged, it's a real easy fix...... but generally, they tear that stuff up pretty good when they jack the columns.

I've got several steering columns with keys so lemme know if your column got too chewed up to fix.

In looking at his original "theft" post, it's a '99.

If the aluminum casing that the lock cylinder fits into hasn't been damaged, it's a real easy fix...... but generally, they tear that stuff up pretty good when they jack the columns.

Yes, they do. When my 2001 was stolen about the same. they broke it pretty good and the whole column had to be replaced.

Cylinder where the lock goes into is trashed. I can start it with a screw driver for now. So it sounds like a new column is in order. Yellaheep let me know if you have a gray column for sale. Moab will be much more fun now.

Yellaheep let me know if you have a gray column for sale.

They only made one color column. I gots whut ya need bro.

PM sent.

Back