• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Let’s talk 8.25 OX with 4.56 gears

Ahvicha

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone. I have searched and searched and searched for info on xo lockers but there just doesn’t seem to be much info out there. From what I’ve found people are saying that 1. They had to trim the inside of the housing on the passenger side to fit the locker and 2. In order to run 4.56 gears they had to trim the edges of a few gear teeth to fit the pin back in place because of how fat the ring gear was. What I’m really looking for here is someone who has personally put a ox locker in. I don’t mind having to do some small moding but it would help a lot if I had some tips from someone who has already done it. If you’re out there please let me know.

I don't have an OX, but yes...you will have to grind down a tooth or two to get the pin back in with 4.56 gears. This will be the same with any carrier on the 8.25.

^^^ this as stated is true for the 8.25 and several other carriers. Brand or locker doesn't make any difference!

You can bolt Ring gear on after the Pins in if your worried about grinding a tooth.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

You can bolt Ring gear on after the Pins in if your worried about grinding a tooth.

Wrong again !!!!!!!!!!

Wrong again !!!!!!!!!!

Diff has to be installed in the axle with the shafts installed and set with the c-clips in order to put the pin in.

Lol rcp breath and think about the possibility that you are wrong then get back with us

Also agreed that RCP is correct on this topic. C-clip axles are a pain...grinding is required. Dana axles are different; one can install the ring gear after installing the cross pin.

*Clarity...now I'm realizing some Danas have c-clips....the D35C that comes in the XJ... surprisingly ��. Dana 30, 44, etc. are what I'm talking about.

Back