• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Let the CJ Mayhem Begin!

Skorpyo

NAXJA Member #241
NAXJA Member
Well, last night Bob Lester, Gary92XJ, my buddy Mike and I got started on my CJ Re/Build up project. We managed to go from a fully wired functional CJ to a rolling frame in only a few hours. We've already found a great many problems, but nothing on the order of hundreds of dollars. I've already been warned that these things nickel and dime you to death. Well, without further ado, here's a rolling frame shot of my CJ.
Skorpyo
[img:01f346cae9]http://www.tkigd.com/images/mycj/day1/Day1-01.jpg[/img:01f346cae9]

Want a scrambler? There's one for sale real close to me. The paint looks horrible, but all the panels seem to be straight, and it has a plow package.

Have fun with the build up!

Hmmm,wondering if you can change the valve cover color to yellow in photoshop.

Gary(chrome is for wusses)92xj

Did someone say SCRAMBLER?!

Find out how much they are asking for the CJ8, I might be interested.

Thanks!

Will do mark. I think it runs. I'll snap a few photos with the digi cam when I get the price from them.

Wow Skorp,
who wouldve thought you'd start such a big 2bbl vs. 4bbl argument on non-tech. I love it. Hopefully some good info came out of it. Send me a link to that front bumper you are interested in if you have it. I'm curious about what it looks like.

[quote:dbe9cb0fc7="gary92xj"]Wow Skorp,
who wouldve thought you'd start such a big 2bbl vs. 4bbl argument on non-tech. I love it. Hopefully some good info came out of it. Send me a link to that front bumper you are interested in if you have it. I'm curious about what it looks like.[/quote:dbe9cb0fc7]

really did explode huh? here's a pic of the bumper from the garvin website. What time will you be at Bobs tomorrow? We've secured an engine hoist, and i've got a list of parts to pickup at napa. Thanks again
[img:dbe9cb0fc7]http://www.garvin-industries.com/images/JEEPBUMP.jpg[/img:dbe9cb0fc7]

[quote:ec8c1eb2ec="gary92xj"]Skorp,
I can be there as early as 5:30.
Gary[/quote:ec8c1eb2ec]

Great, see you then. I'll be over a tad earlier, but I've got lil stuff to keep me busy.

[quote:7af6c23529="STROKER"]HEY wheres are fancy exhaust work we did.:):):):):):):)[/quote:7af6c23529]
LOL, it's in the body tub, and no worries, it's going back on with some tube mufflers. Tonight we pull the engine and begin the frame clean-up, as well as the engine/tranny/tcase cleanup. Progress is going faster than expected! Can't wait for you to be able to join us bro.

Back