• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Land Use Fund Raiser! Paracord braclets, slings, dog collars, etc, etc!

JeepFreak21

NAXJA Forum User
I've gotten a few requests to make these things lately and thought it might be a way to collect a little extra money to support land use causes. I'll donate 100% of the profit from every sale, plus I'll cover the cost of the materials (which are pretty cheap) whenever I can.

If you're not aware, paracord is a super strong (550lbs test) cord that's used by the military. Lately, "survival bracelets" are becoming popular. You can buy them from SurvivalStraps.com and many other places.

It depends on the braid/weave, but most bracelets are comprised of 1ft of cord for every 1in in length, so if you're wrist is 7" around, you can carry 7ft of cord with you for emergencies. I can also double it up and give you 14' and there are other patterns the net more cord. Most patterns are quick to unravel with no tools required.

Anyway, I mostly make bracelets in the soloman bar (or cobra) pattern, but I've been getting more requests for dog collars lately and I can make damn near anything (rifle slings, belts, key chains, etc).

Colors options are vast. I get all my cord from Supply Captain - you can see all the color options HERE. If I don't already have the color you want, you may have to wait for me to place an order.

For most of the bracelets and dog collars, I use black, plastic, side-release buckles that are slightly curved, but I can work with most anything. I get the buckles HERE or HERE, so if you want a different color, let me know. Mini clevises are kinda cool too. There are buckles with a whistle built in too. Basically, you can look through all the stuff HERE.

Since this stuff is so custom, just post what you want (as broad or specific as you care to be) and I'll post a price and time frame!

Here's some pictures of stuff I've made (unless otherwise noted):
Lqqwa.jpg

Diamond braid top, soloman bar bottom

XDSxC.jpg

Three strand braid (not sure of the name)

xwgdb.jpg

Two color monkey fist

mJI3z.jpg

Monkey fist with ball bearing center

Sofc3.jpg

Round spiral braid

yEi5O.jpg

Monkey fist w/ lead sinker inside (great for women wanting protection from dogs and attackers while jogging, etc)

86kC6.jpg

BIG ASS DOG COLLAR! Double soloman bar. The collar is 28" around and took 60' of cord!
xBJOQ.jpg

Dog collar again

WtViU.jpg

iNoUc.jpg

Key chain lanyard/necklace made from standard paracord and also type I paracord (the smaller black cord), which is about 1/6" in diameter and holds 100lbs.

Billy

Nice stuff, Billy. I make paracord apparati as well. Already donate some of mine to breast cancer, guess I need to donate some coin to our cause as well.

Can you do a 3'' key chain with this color combo:
ZOWJq.jpg

With something like the top pattern on this picture?
Lqqwa.jpg

I hate having just my motorcycle key floating around, and a key chain made of parachute cord wouldnt scratch the bike up when it flaps around.

how much for the doggy collar

$16 for a medium to large dog with two colors and using the double soloman bar pattern like the brown and black one. I can add in more colors for an extra dollar each. If it was for a small dog, and/or you want the single soloman bar (like the bracelets) it would be cheaper ($10-$12).
Billy

Nice stuff, Billy. I make paracord apparati as well. Already donate some of mine to breast cancer, guess I need to donate some coin to our cause as well.

That's cool. I used to donate proceeds from paracord stuff to gun rights groups, but the recent trail closures have got me steamed! I wish I had more time/money/energy to fight for all my rights that are being threatened! :mad:
Billy

Last edited:
Can you do a 3'' key chain with this color combo:
ZOWJq.jpg

With something like the top pattern on this picture?
Lqqwa.jpg

I hate having just my motorcycle key floating around, and a key chain made of parachute cord wouldnt scratch the bike up when it flaps around.

For sure! How about $4 shipped? FYI that top pattern is just a tad bit bigger around than a AAA battery. Let me know if that's ok and if you want a clasp, a ring, or just a loop at the end.
Thanks,
Billy

For sure! How about $4 shipped? FYI that top pattern is just a tad bit bigger around than a AAA battery. Let me know if that's ok and if you want a clasp, a ring, or just a loop at the end.
Thanks,
Billy
That design with a key loop would work perfect. Without the added loop that you have in that picture.

Does that make sense? Substitute the loop seen in the picture with a key chain loop? :dunno:

Send me your paypal, and Ill get you the money.

That design with a key loop would work perfect. Without the added loop that you have in that picture.

Does that make sense? Substitute the loop seen in the picture with a key chain loop? :dunno:

Send me your paypal, and Ill get you the money.

By key loop, you mean like a standard split ring/key ring? If so, no problem.
Billy

Bracelets:
kuho6.jpg

Hey Billy. How much would it be for a dog collar like this? Red, Orange, and yellow. And I think about 16" (I will measure to be sure).

Thanks,
Chad

Actually, can you do this style with 3 colors? Hard to tell whats going on in the middle, so it might not even be possible.

yht9y.jpg

Actually, can you do this style with 3 colors? Hard to tell whats going on in the middle, so it might not even be possible.

yht9y.jpg
The inside is part of the paracord being used to make the bracelet. Typically 2 is what it is. There is a possibility of a 3rd color on the inner part, but that depends on how the bracelet is actually created. Only ones I have seen with the inner strands different are ones that use a loop/knot to hold the bracelet together.

yht9y.jpg

Yeah, I can do that. I just did one for a friend in San Diego State colors. The third color in the center just peeks through, and the other two colors are more dominate. I didn't take any pics of that one but I'll see if I can get some. I can still do the buckle if you want too. Price would be $12 plus maybe $2 shipping if you need it.
Thanks!
Billy

Looks like I'll get a 3 color soloman dog collar. I'll get that measurement for you. And I might just get a second two color collar - probably the braid you have shown as a bracelet.

Are these strong buckles? My dog can pull pretty good sometimes and I don't want to worry about it coming un-clipped or broken (haven't had this happen with any collars yet, just want to be sure they aren't made for chihuahuas or something).

Looks like I'll get a 3 color soloman dog collar. I'll get that measurement for you. And I might just get a second two color collar - probably the braid you have shown as a bracelet.

Are these strong buckles? My dog can pull pretty good sometimes and I don't want to worry about it coming un-clipped or broken (haven't had this happen with any collars yet, just want to be sure they aren't made for chihuahuas or something).

Cool! Make sure you give me the measurement that you want the collar (length/circumference) NOT the measurement of your dog's neck. (In other words, I don't want to guess how loose or tight you want the collar around the dog's neck.)

The buckles are pretty darn tough. My 60lbs boxer/bulldog has been wearing one for a couple years and I've done plenty of pulling on it and wrestling with her. If you want it to be foolproof, I could make it with one of those mini shackles.

Thanks,
Billy

Here's a couple other ideas...
4yER6.jpg

This is called a Tire Tread pattern. It could be a bracelet, keychain, dog collar, etc.

I'll take one of these set up for a key chain. Send me your paypal and a total with shipping and I'll send you some money....the above colors will be just fine....

Thanks,

Sean

Here's a couple other ideas...
4yER6.jpg

This is called a Tire Tread pattern. It could be a bracelet, keychain, dog collar, etc.

I'll take one of these set up for a key chain. Send me your paypal and a total with shipping and I'll send you some money....the above colors will be just fine....

Thanks,

Sean

How about that one exactly? Or would you prefer it to be a little shorter?
Thanks,
Billy

Back