• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LaCrosse

Lacrosse, WI? Kunaji (Matt) will probably chime in here pretty soon. You're probably looking at Apple Valley or McCaslin Mountain & the pipeline. I don't know of anything in southeastern MN.

I have to make a flying run down to Chicago probably the second weekend in August. Don't know what my return schedule looks like, but Lacrosse might be a good stop for breakfast on the way down.

Yeah, I'm from Waukesha but my family keeps a camper in Lacrosse. My friends are going up to the pipeline and MaCasline the same weekend I am planning on going up to Lacrosse. I am trying to find a way to talk them out of it.

I'm afraid I'm not much help for trails around here. Apple Valley only opens up to the public a few times each year and when you will be in the area won't be one of those times. Most of the people around here seem to be more interested in mud bogging than trails.

Jeff, lemme know when you're coming through for sure. It's been awhile since there has been a M & G attempt here and this seems like it would be a decent opportunity.

I live in Onalaska (Menomonie during the school year) and to tell you the truth, unless its privatly owned, there really isnt any public access trails anywhere round here... I think Apple Valley is the closest followed by Northwoods Overland (near 2hrs east of Eau Claire) and the Pipeline on the eastern side of the state...

If you wanna hang out tho, give me a jingle, I'll be around till the end of August...

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for a M & G to me. How does either the 8 or 9 sound to you guys?

Could be a possibility, I'm still debating on when I want to quite my "summer job" so I will let you know as soon as possible... We're only open to 5pm Sat, and 4pm Sun so I could do evenings, otherwise I will be completly open... Like I said I will get back ASAP

I think I'm gonna make that run to Chicago the first weekend in August. I'd be open to making an afternoon or evening run down to Lacrosse the second or third weekend.

The 8th or 9th would work fine as far as weekends for me. This weekend I have a wedding in GB to go to and a fishing trip on the weekend of the 15th so I'll be out of the area for then.

Does either the 8th or 9th work for you guys?

The 8th I work two to 5pm and the 9th I work eleven to 4pm... If we wanted to do like a breakfast or lunch on the 8th, I'd be down with that... the 14/15/16 I am running a leadership retreat for school, but the weekend after I'd also be game... Let me know...

How does a cookout at my place the evening of the 8th sound? I'm going to try and host a cookout for some more local friends and you guys would be more than welcome to come over.

I could be game for that. Keep me posted... Maybe some of these other guys will show up too :p lol

I may show up, kinda depends on what the weekend brings.

I may show up, kinda depends on what the weekend brings.
Count me out, Matt. Looks like I'm heading to the other side of the big pond in the morning.

can someone tell me where some of the more public ish trails are? i live just below milwaukee (SE corner of WI) and go to school in platteville (SW corner of WI). is there anything remotely close to either of those?

can someone tell me where some of the more public ish trails are? i live just below milwaukee (SE corner of WI) and go to school in platteville (SW corner of WI). is there anything remotely close to either of those?

The basic problem with Southern WI in general is that there is no place locally to legally off-road except on private property. Even the darn ATV trails are just about paved.

The Cliffs Insane Terrain Park down by LaSalle, IL would be the closest from both places, though the McCaslin Mountain Campground by Lakewood, WI or the Nicolet National Forest (Forest roads) may be the closest to the Kenosha area. I think you're still taking 3 hours to a trail.

There may be something in IA, but I suspect not anything close.

Perhaps you should take up drag racing as you are just down KR from GLD :D

Ron

haha greatlakes is a fun place to be, building a drag car was lookin a little more pricey than building a jeep. though i do miss my firebird a lot, i never had it out there at the track but i had some plans for it.

Back