• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KOR or Iron Rock Adjustable Trackbars (Death wobble resistance)

Eh damn, tried going over 45 and I still get it. Not NEARLY as bad, its a sane amount of woble, but still very annoying and prevents me from going faster. Id still recommend the tracbar, def. helped alot

did you do a toe alignment?

I had it aligned, but and the man said he set it so when I install my drop pitman arm itl toe out just a hair more and be aligned correctly. Of coarse Im too lazy to get it on there :yap: One of these days now that my garage is freed up (no more working out in the snow) Ill slap it on, and give it a try. Just had my tires balanced too. If I still get it Ill probably tape measure align it just to be sure that isnt the problem.

I had it aligned, but and the man said he set it so when I install my drop pitman arm itl toe out just a hair more and be aligned correctly. Of coarse Im too lazy to get it on there :yap: One of these days now that my garage is freed up (no more working out in the snow) Ill slap it on, and give it a try. Just had my tires balanced too. If I still get it Ill probably tape measure align it just to be sure that isnt the problem.

Saaaaay whaaaaaaaat?

You took your Jeep to an actual alignment shop, right? Pitman arm isn't going to effect toe.

Moose, how are your ball joints and tie rod ends on your drag link/tie rod? Any worn bushing/joint/connection like that on your front end can contribute to death wobble.

In an inverted "Y" setup, lowering the attachment point of the drag link will change the tow slightly. It may be negligible but there will be a change.

Exactly, thats what he was explaining to me. Im just trying to rule everything out one by one. Poked around alittle today, and the tie rod ends are shit. Pass. side is completely split. Guess Ill be replacing these too :banghead:

Exactly, thats what he was explaining to me. Im just trying to rule everything out one by one. Poked around alittle today, and the tie rod ends are shit. Pass. side is completely split. Guess Ill be replacing these too :banghead:
I have been using an otk setup with heims from bulletproof for quite some time now. I couldn't be happier with it. More than 2 years and all the heims are still in good shape.

So you just had it aligned and the mechanic didn't tell you to had bad tre's? There's a shop I would avoid.

So you just had it aligned and the mechanic didn't tell you to had bad tre's? There's a shop I would avoid.

I was going by a quick look I had underneath. Turns out what I eyeballed was just a split grease boot. I jiggled evreything, and had someone turn the wheel while I checked everything out, and they are OK after all. I did notice that my new trackbar mount was loose on the frame, so I REALLY tightened it down.

Still death wobbled over 45

I hated the idea of having the swaybars attached while offroading, due to them limiting the flex, so I never installed the extended links that came with my RC kit. I didnt mind the floating on a cloud boat ride going down the road. I was bored, so I hooked them up and took it down the road. Got onto a fairly open road and got up to 55 WITHOUT death wobble. Who wouldve thought! I havent gone past 55 yet, but thats the max I need around town anyway, I might try it on the highway sometime I need to actually go on the highway. Until then, I very happy.

Now I just need to fab some quick disconnects!

I was going by a quick look I had underneath. Turns out what I eyeballed was just a split grease boot. I jiggled evreything, and had someone turn the wheel while I checked everything out, and they are OK after all. I did notice that my new trackbar mount was loose on the frame, so I REALLY tightened it down.

Still death wobbled over 45

I hated the idea of having the swaybars attached while offroading, due to them limiting the flex, so I never installed the extended links that came with my RC kit. I didnt mind the floating on a cloud boat ride going down the road. I was bored, so I hooked them up and took it down the road. Got onto a fairly open road and got up to 55 WITHOUT death wobble. Who wouldve thought! I havent gone past 55 yet, but thats the max I need around town anyway, I might try it on the highway sometime I need to actually go on the highway. Until then, I very happy.

Now I just need to fab some quick disconnects!

i have to question whether the swaybar being connected solved the problem or just covered over the real problem.

do you get DW when you hit a bump or just when your xj reaches a certain speed?

i have to question whether the swaybar being connected solved the problem or just covered over the real problem.

do you get DW when you hit a bump or just when your xj reaches a certain speed?

It may just be masking it. At this point, I only get DW when reaching a certain speed. The IRO trackbar solved the DW from hitting bumps.

balance your tires.

They are.

Kinda on/off topic.

Has anyone modified the rubicon express track bar brace to fit one of the iron rock drop brackets?

You should only have to drill two holes.

Back