• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Death Wobble Question after WJ Swap/ 1 Ton Steering.

Yea thats pretty much my thought on it, i need new uppers at minimum anyways to hopefully fix my DW and i need longarms regardless since ill be lifting another 1.5-2 inch later so might as well get it done and over with. Probably the single most expensive mod left to do to this thing, at least for a long time.

Just get a long arm and don't worry with fixing the short arm set up. So having your caster that far off will cause excessive wear to your Ball Joints and your track bar. How close are your track bar and tie rod in length?

Just ordered the serious long arms. Trackbar is a good bit shorter as usual with these setups. I guess measuring by the top of balljoint i will try to get around 7 Degrees or so to get it close. Even though its not the best way to check caster.

Well a little update i got the serious long arms and got the wheelbase to 101.5 then put upper arms on and i was way off at like 12 on caster went for a ride and ofcourse DW at around 55ish. Then i tryed to re adjust again and got it around 8ish caster it was slightly better but still started to DW at same speed. I then adjusted it to around 5-6 and drove it and it wouldnt DW but it would have a shimmy at that speed like it wanted to start DW but it didnt do it and i drove for quite a bit bumps in road wouldnt initiate it either.

Got a little fed up and checked toe-in and it was off by like 3/4 somehow i guess from adjusting caster so its now 1/8 and i installed a steering stabilizer that connects from my OTA trackbar bracket to my Drag link in hopes it would mask my shitty sloppy advance durango box but while after all this it felt a little better it still has that shimmy like the very beginning of DW and has me nervous as hell.

I am literally running out of ideas ALL steering and axle parts are new and have been removed checked and installed re torqued no bad weld on messed up inserts my trackbar and drag link angles are almost exact same. All i can think of next to do is take my jeep to goodyear dealer where i got tires and have them check them even though i have rotated them to no avail. Im at 26 psi now which has good road contact but i swear i didnt have this DW when they were over pressurized at 35. The only other thing i can think of is steering box still, it has more slop then i like and i can feel it drift left to right slightly when driving but im just not sure if its giving the issue i have... Sorry for novel just an update.

Yep! serious Longarms are badass.

I'll just chime in on your suspect steering box. I had some DW show up last week and found that my pitman arm nut had loosed some. It was probly at about 40 or 50 ft-lbs. The box is a reman with good splines on it and a new pitman arm. Tightened up the nut and no more DW. Significant slop in your box could easily cause this.

Yea unsure if the box is causing anything but regardless i want a better box with a decent warranty and just call it a done deal. after adjusting everything and driving to work its just a shimmy still while at 55-65ish mainly. its like the very beginning of dw but doesnt get worse and going over bumps doesnt make it worse either.

My mtrs were at 26 psi and i just raised them to 30 psi to see if i can tell a difference. i wanted them at around 27 because it had pretty good road contact any higher and its wearing the center too much.

I really just want to take this advance box back and call PSC and see what price they could do on a box and maybe a pump while im at it.

Back