• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knucklehead's blog

so today was my last day in the office.
i officially retired from the job i've had since high school back in 1984.
it has not been an easy road nor has it been a fun job, but it was lucrative.
i'm so happy that it is over & that i can start the next chapter of my life as an investment manager & building my new shop addition built so i can tinker with jeeps, old harley's, machining, welding, & fabrication.
we should be moving into our house in Oregon the first week of February.
until then we will be hauling stuff back & forth to the shop up there & enjoying not dealing with employees, unions, or customers. i can't believe i made it out at 49!

You will never regret it. It took me until 55 so good job an getting out early.

Congrat's Tim. I retired at 39...But then went right back to work again. I'm a slow learner :D.

Congrats Tim! I don't make it on here very often now that I'm a WJ owner, but checking your blog is one of the few reasons I pop in from time to time. Sounds like hard work and sacrifice (including saving) has really paid. Hope you continue to update here on NAXJA and best of luck to you, Dianne, and the pups!

...so we officially left Commiefornia on saturday morning & arrived in the free state of Oregon saturday afternoon!
already de-neutered various toys that go bang & gave the ghey bullet buttons to a fellow NAXJA sierra member as we do not need those ridiculous things up here.
got all my crap up here now, just waiting for my 53' semi trailer to be delivered to my property later this week. my shop is a total disorganized disaster, so i cant do any fab work for a long time. the tenants are packing up slowly, so it will be another couple weeks before we can move out of the motorhome & into our house. no worries, i have lots of things to do to keep me busy until then!

I'll send you two a house warming gift of a $5 taco bell gift card

haha, your the best Pat!
the tenants finally moved out & we got the keys to our house tonight!
tomorrow we can start to figure out what colors to paint the interior & start moving in.

Last edited:
loving the new house.
just got internet hooked up a couple days ago.
no time to wheel, fish , or shoot.
12 hr days rehabbing another house. should be done with in in another week or so, then start up on the next rehab.
at least i get to daily drive my 98 xj.
the county approved my shop addition. (adding 2,736 more sq. ft.)
the fun factory will be 6,384 sq. ft. total including the equipment shed area, so i'll finally have enough room to build & fabricate without being cramped.
plans are now in engineering. hope to pour concrete in a month or two.

This new fun factory sounds amazing

This is great, but over 6k of floor space how are you ever going to fill it?

This is great, but over 6k of floor space how are you ever going to fill it?

i'm pretty sure i can fill it.
boat, motorhome, 3 xj's, rzr, bunch of harleys, bulldozer, excavtor, bobcat, plus all the shop tools & equipment & gobs of raw materials & hardware. need to start setting up shelving so i can get organized. i've been doing some of the maintenance & repairs on my rentals rather than hiring it all out which is saving a ton of $$$, plus rehabbing a few forclosed houses i bought since moving up here. gotta put in the sweat equity so i can relax when i want to. :looney:

we started the new fun factory build on monday, may 23rd.
brought in 18 truck loads of rock...44,000+ lbs. per load...& so far one load of sand. thats over 400 tons / 800,000 lbs. of rock!
it;s all compacted, the footings are all dug, & tomorrow they start setting forms, vapor barrier, & rebar. hope to pour concrete in the next week.
IMG_5174_zps2ouqo64n.jpg

IMG_5180_zpsx3uomkan.jpg

IMG_5183_zpszvximpyz.jpg

Thats too cool

Are you going to put in radiant floor heating in the slab to keep it warm in the winter?

Are you going to put in radiant floor heating in the slab to keep it warm in the winter?

That would be so amazing . Im jealous

Back