• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knucklehead's blog

Nah I took 97 so I could stop at Crater Lake. I will have to go up there next time for sure. Now I just need to find any bs excuse to make the trip haha

crater lake has got to be the best looking lake in the state. deep cobalt blue, been there a couple times, need to go again soon.

look ma, no more jack stands!!! party1:
the beast is finally able so carry its weight without stands!!!
i got the mini boatsides / rocker replacements finished up today. all that is left is to seal some of the gaps in the floor, prime, & paint them. they are 2x6 3/16 wall tube with five 1x2 1/8 wall kickers per side. welding to the floor pans sucks donkey balls!
i also measured up my drive shafts so i can get them remade. (1 needs to be shorter, 1 needs to be longer, & the spare needs to be rebuilt) next i think i'll tackle the front brakes. i may just fab up some mounts & use chevy 3/4 ton calipers since the 1 ton ford calipers always fall off their retarded mounting system.

100_1731_edited-1.jpg

100_1732_edited-1.jpg

100_1733_edited-1.jpg

100_1734_edited-1.jpg

100_1735_edited-1.jpg

best boatsides on NAXJA i swear

best boatsides on NAXJA i swear

thanks, i'm happy with how they turned out. :cheers:
if only i could focus on building a cage for this p.o.s. but lately i have
been spending all my free time with retirement planning & buying rental properties.

Those rockers look sweet. I wish I would of gone higher and trimmed the doors. Oh well mine have served me well.... lets build that cage forsure

so we started the permit process yesterday to add a small extension to my shop in Oregon.
the existing shop is 36' x 48' with 14' walls & is too small, so we are adding another 36' x 48' extension but using 18' walls so i can add a second floor in the future when it gets too full. since the house is on a river we had to apply for a variance which takes at least 90 days to approve. looks like we can't start building until late december or early january.
i need to sell the red heep & my d44's that i had planned to shove under the green heep. need seed money for the shop build. once it is done we will be moving to Oregon for good.

ISxj5lqhbeo14m1000000000_zpsip8ondqk.jpg

Last edited:
so we started the permit process yesterday to add a small extension to my shop in Oregon.
the existing shop is 36' x 48' with 14' walls & is too small, so we are adding another 36' x 48' extension but using 18' walls so i can add a second floor in the future when it gets too full. since the house is on a river we had to apply for a variance which takes at least 90 days to approve. looks like we can't start building until late december or early january.
i need to sell the red heep & my d44's that i had planned to shove under the green heep. need seed money for the shop build. once it is done we will be moving to Oregon for good.

ISxj5lqhbeo14m1000000000_zpsip8ondqk.jpg

booooooooooo!

Did you sell the red jeep? That's an amazing welder

Happy Birthday/Anniversary Tim/Tim and Diane
Very nice present! Are you going to let Diane use it??? :)

Back