• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KM2 Update

Yeah I'm concerned about the tread life of these. My rig is still a DD so I don't want to spend $800-$1000 on a set of tires and have them only last 15k miles.

They're not THAT soft. You can pinch the lug a little. I was just at Sears over the weekend and they had a set of the old MTs and I felt them up for reference and there was a little difference at best. They were older than dirt too.

My Rig is at costco as i speak getting some 33x10.5 on... road hazard pack set of four for only 640....

yep the guy there said if i split the sidewall on a trail or what not its free replacements..... Im exited to see what they look like!

as olng as you own them, the guys that were working there were wheelers and they said when ever they need new tires they slash 3 and get 4 newones! haha

Yeah I'm concerned about the tread life of these. My rig is still a DD so I don't want to spend $800-$1000 on a set of tires and have them only last 15k miles.

My last set of kms looked almost new with 10k+ on them. my KM2s are not showing much wear.

It will be moving this weekend.

I just ordered mine from my local Discount Tire today, and they should have them Monday or Tuesday.

Discount price was listed at $232 a bit more then 4WP's but I didn't have time to wait, plus Discount was pretty good about getting REAL close to the $197 4WP's

Hope to have them on soon.

Doesn't Discount Tire beat any listed competitor's price?

I'll keep my SXs! :D
I got 4 of the SX's for what 2 KM2's would have cost! I cannto wait to try my new ones out. What is the wear on these for those of you that bought them last year?

the km2s are holding up awesome on the dd tj. sometimes i wanna put them on the xj on for a wheeling trip just to compare tires.

I got 4 of the SX's for what 2 KM2's would have cost! I cannto wait to try my new ones out. What is the wear on these for those of you that bought them last year?

I have had the 35's on since last Sept and they are wearing very well. As good as or better then my old KM's. The road noise is slightly less, Wet weather traction is much better.
I have also noticed I don't get as much tire chirp from the rear locker.

No issues off road, Traction is as expected, I run at 4lbs PSI and the tire does a good job at forming round the obstacle. Side walls have held up very well, although the rock use has been limited for me in Florida, maybe 3 or 4 runs in the rocks. I have had a few times where branches have been wedged into the tires without any cutting. I have not however ran them much in the mud, the limited mud I have ran has not been deep nor very sticky, so not much I can comment there.

So far I am very happy with them.

IIRC Jeff (Squirrel80) has been very pleased with his in dirt, rock, and snow. I'm thinking of buying a set of 35s for my next set of tires (at least a year from now). I'll just have to beef my D30 to be confident in it.

I've had a set of 31 x 10.50 R15's for about 7 months and I've just gotten back form my 3rd weekend of wheeling with them. I am thoroughly impressed. A long time ago I ran a set of the original MT's and I am on my second set of AT's which I use for street duty. I can't really compare a lot to the old MTs since it has been so long, but the KM2s are definitely quieter than I remember.

I'm not sure what they cost since my wife got them for me as a birthday present, but she did get them from 4Wheel Parts with hazard without any problems.

As far as performance goes, I have tested them in rocks, sand, and mud and have not found anything that they don't do well. My first trip out it was very cold so the ground was basically solid, but I was able to climb out of some pretty deep ruts that I wasn't sure I was going to come out of. The second trip out I got involved in a debacle on a new trail that was basically a swamp and we had to climb a rutted out embankment to get out of. I was the only guy to make it out on 31's (a ZJ w/ an Aussie in the rear on 32 ATs made it once but couldn't make it out a second time after pulling someone free and a 4dr JK on 35 ATs made it out after me but everyone else took a winch). This last trip I was able to make it up a couple climbs that I didn't think I'd be getting up ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qkcfK71C3Q ) and I also had no problems on a mud embankment that a fellow XJ on 31 MTR's just couldn't make.

I'm definitely a fan.

I've had a set of 31 x 10.50 R15's for about 7 months and I've just gotten back form my 3rd weekend of wheeling with them. I am thoroughly impressed. A long time ago I ran a set of the original MT's and I am on my second set of AT's which I use for street duty. I can't really compare a lot to the old MTs since it has been so long, but the KM2s are definitely quieter than I remember.

I'm not sure what they cost since my wife got them for me as a birthday present, but she did get them from 4Wheel Parts with hazard without any problems.

As far as performance goes, I have tested them in rocks, sand, and mud and have not found anything that they don't do well. My first trip out it was very cold so the ground was basically solid, but I was able to climb out of some pretty deep ruts that I wasn't sure I was going to come out of. The second trip out I got involved in a debacle on a new trail that was basically a swamp and we had to climb a rutted out embankment to get out of. I was the only guy to make it out on 31's (a ZJ w/ an Aussie in the rear on 32 ATs made it once but couldn't make it out a second time after pulling someone free and a 4dr JK on 35 ATs made it out after me but everyone else took a winch). This last trip I was able to make it up a couple climbs that I didn't think I'd be getting up ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qkcfK71C3Q ) and I also had no problems on a mud embankment that a fellow XJ on 31 MTR's just couldn't make.

I'm definitely a fan.

was that ur wife driving the xj up that hill YOU didnt think YOU would make up?!. i think my stock xj open/open with my anti-sway disconnected running the old school km's wouldda had better luck climbing that hill... im a firm believer in if i cant make it up going slow(from a tire getting light and spinning)... get a faster run at it =) lol

Back